5.5

2. replace dimmer switch assembly in steering wheel (1 reports)
2002 Chevrolet Impala lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Impala:

2002 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Oct 012009

Impala LS 3.8L

Will never buy an Impala again just bought an 2009 Toyota Highlander..Also my Impala traction control activates with no reason at all.light turns off when High beams are on..Stupid car!!!!

- , Bakersfield, CA, USA

Apr 232010

Impala

The "highbeam out" light keeps coming on. Dealership (Toyota) where I bought the vehicle from keeps telling me only one set of lights should be on when using the highbeams. After much debate, they replaced the dimmer switch. Unfortunately, I still have the same problem.

Caution: Now my airbag light is coming on because the messed with the steering wheel.

- , Redding, CA, USA

Jun 152008

Impala LS 3.8L V6

The first time this problem came up is when I turned my highbeams on and all of a sudden my headlights just went completely out. I was able to turn switch off and on quickly that they came back on but I didnt trust my high beams. After a while I was not able to even make the highbeams stick. The only way I can use the high beams is if I hold them on.

- , Cannelton, IN, USA

Aug 182006

Impala

When the brights are on the headlights go out completely. Not good at 55mph! When I switch back to dim they come back on. The whole assembly needs to be replaced at $500. So for now just use dim til I can come up with the 500. Wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't just replaced the tie rod and rotors! Seems like I have a lemon!

- , Webster City, IA, USA