6.0

2002 Chevrolet Impala lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Impala:

2002 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Mar 282015

Impala LS 3.8L V

Front right turn signal is out, internal indicator as well as rear turn signal light flashes rapidly. Replaced bulb like repair manual suggests, to no avail, checked and replaced all fuses, no good. Saw contacts in headlamp connector were slightly rusted and corroded, so replaced connector, that did no good. Tempted to replace switch, but don't think that will fix the problem since both left turn signals work and the rear right works.

I am a die hard Chevrolet fan longtime owner of Chevys, third generation Chevy/ GM owner. I am seriously thinking about switching loyalty to other brand. Three recalls so far with this vehicle and I am thinking that one of them is the cause of this current problem. Production people make big money to make these quality vehicles, the engineers make even bigger money to design them and the CEO's make even bigger money to implement and over see things. I think these individuals should take a cut in their pay for every recall that occurs on the products they work on, design and oversee. These vehicles should be built like they used to be when they lasted longer and had fewer problems, back when anyone with common sense could fix the problems. I mean, now days you buy a car for 40 or 50 grand and it takes 2 to 5 grand to get it fixed when it breaks down, in the old days, you buy a car for 8 to 10 grand and spend less than 50 bucks to fix it.

Corporate greed is getting out off hand and we consumers are paying for it by purchasing cheap quality products at high prices and then paying outrageous costs to get them fixed.

- , Tacoma, WA, USA

Mar 012008

Impala HD 3.4L

When I go to make a right turn OBVIOUSLY, I hit my right turn signal and it goes to blinking like crazy! I checked my fuse because I was so sure it was that...WRONG. So then, I replaced the bulb thinking thats what it was....WRONG AGAIN!

- , Austin, TX, USA