2002 Chevrolet Impala transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Impala:

2002 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Dec 222004

Impala 6-cyl

I noticed that my transmission shifts very hard when it warms up. I took to Chevrolet dealer, they changed my transmission mounts, and dog bones. I paid quite a few dollars and my vehicle still has this same problem. The vehicle has 85,000 miles, but I, ve maintained the vehicle very well. I, ve also had problems with my steering play.the dealer changed some parts in the assembly which is better. I'm a mechanic and I don't beleive that there was anything wrong with my drivetrain mounts, but it's in the transmission. I paid alot of money and still have the same problem. Since owning the car I had problems with the drivers window. The motor was changed once under warranty now it's doing the same thing again. The problem is it will go down but won't go up sometimes.

- Hinesville, GA, USA