1. free valve stem replacement (1 reports)
  2. new wheels (1 reports)
2002 Chevrolet Impala wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Impala:

2002 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Jan 012002

Impala LS 3.8L V6

My 02 impala has 35,500 miles. It's fully loaded. Wish I hadn't done that. The "better" alum. wheels I paid for, cause slow leaks. I've had to check tire pressure every week, since I bought the little money pit. The front driver side is always down ten +lbs. with the rest down at least a couple of lbs. The tire sensor, won't register low pressure until you go 10 - 20 can tell by my low mileage, I don't have to go far from home for work and errands, so sensor doesn't have a chance to read very often. I carry a tire gauge and pay for air every week. I replaced all 4 tires a year ago @ 29k, ($680) They still continue to loose air, which I'm sure causes accelerated wear. I'm told by the shops that the wheels are the culprit. *My mom has a 07 Rendevous, same wheels...same problem.

I've got body controller (electrical) issues that started 4 months ago, and really bad brake issues that started yesterday. I'm posting these as well, in their proper categories. I can't believe, the issues on a car with such low mileage. I thought that buying new, would save me headaches at least until 60k. Between all the recalls, which at least is covered $ wise, trips to mechanics, diagnostics and repair costs...I made a bad call with this car.

- , Amherst, NY, USA

Jan 012009

Impala 3.4L

A copy of a letter that I received from Discount Tires in 2008. Hopefully, this will help someone with tire problems. As we all know by now, Chevy Impalas have a ridiculous amount of RECALLS so we have to look out for one another in order to resolve these problems.

Important Customer Safety Advisory:

Discount Tire has determined that certain rubber valve stems supplied by Dill Air Controls (Dill), an industry leading supplier of valve stems for tires, are cracking prematurely. A valve stem is the black rubber piece that sticks out on each wheel where you inflate the tire. Valve stem cracking may cause a tire to progressively lose air and the rate of air loss is hard to predict. Driving on under inflated or flat tires could damage your tires, which potentially could lead to tire failure, a loss of control, and a vehicle crash. Discount Tire has received a few reports of accidents, including one fatality, allegedly caused by a cracked valve stem, and we are actively investigating these accidents. PLEASE schedule an appointment as soon as possible for a FREE valve stem replacement service by visiting or if you do not have internet access, call our hotline toll-free at 1-888-356-0262. If you already have paid someone to replace your valve stems, please obtain a reimbursement form by visiting or by calling toll-free 1-888-356-0262.

Thomas P Englert

- , Arlington, TX, USA

Jun 012004

I have a slow leak in one of my tires. I can feel the way the car handles when it gets to the point where I need to fill it. AFTER I FILL THE TIRE my idiot light comes on.

- , Milwaukee, WI, USA