2003 Chevrolet Impala accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Impala:

2003 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Jul 012010

2003 Chevy Impala will not start. The dealership states it is a BCM problem. The remote installed on the car fob does not work and has never worked. Doors will not lock and the trunk will spring open when traveling down the road. Since the doors and trunk do not lock, there is no security on this vehicle. And again the car will not start. I have replaced the battery and alternator and the car still does not start.

- Bismarck, ND, USA

Aug 282009

I have a 2003 Chevrolet Impala with a 3.8 liter V-6. the car radio quit working and I had to pull out the fuse because it was sending strange error messages to the body control module. Now the BCM is having even more problems. The car turned itself of then back on while I was driving down the road. I pulled over and shut the car off. Then it would not start again. I pulled the fuse for the BCM an the car started and I made it home. What in the world did General Motors do to these cars. I have been reading numerous horror stories about their cars. Was there a recall to fix this problem or do I have to go to the dealer and spend a fortune to fix this garbage pretending to be a car. How can a car company get away with this poor quality control in this day and age? my security display now shows random errors like low fuel even after I filled up the tank. Not sure if any major damage was done to the car but now the transmission hesitates when it shifts.

- Hutto , TX, USA

May 302008

During our vacation about 200 miles from our home, without warning, our 2003 Impala ls with 114K miles started running very badly. After going to several repair shop and 8 hours later rodney's muffler in meridian, Mississippi replaced the catalytic converter for a very reasonable price and we haven't had any problems with it yet. I have heard that there is an extended warranty on emission parts and wonder if this should have been covered.

- Denham Springs, LA, USA