5.5

2. (1 reports)
2003 Chevrolet Impala electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Impala:

2003 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Jun 062009

Impala LS 3.8L V6

Same complaint as others... Security light comes on and then next thing I know car won't start. I'm glad I got on here because I was about to replace the starter. Now I have a fuse that blows intermittently but becoming more and more often...also effected by the heat. I haven't had a problem with my car until recently. Now I start hearing how they have quirks...wonderful!!

- , Rialto, CA, USA

Jun 302010

Impala LS 3.8L

I have an 03 Impala with electrical problems. It seems it does it when its hot outside. The security light comes on and the A/C don't work, the headlights flicker, the interior lights flicker, it loses power and i hear this constant ticking while this is all going on. My twin brother is a rwal good mechanic, and could find any issues from scanning the vehicle. He found this website amongst others showing the complaints about this vehicle. Its sad what we are all dealing with and Chevy is doing nothing! Its like there saying "whatever". Well I'm never buying a Chevy again. I'm actually selling the other Chevy vehicle i have and the one I'm having problems with?....well lets just say I'm not going to let anyone else deal with this issue. I'm gonna take this Impala out to a farm and smash the hell out of it! I'm gonna drive a front end loader over it and then burn it. Sorry for you Chevy but you lost one Life long customer and probably many more. You should be ashamed of your actions on ignoring people who trusted you product. So Sad! Go to there site to complain too!

copy paste link below to complain to Chevy now about your Impala

or go to Chevrolet.com and click on contact us under email.

- , Hopewell, VA, USA

Nov 022009

Impala V6

Light does not always come on or if it does it is when I have driven many miles. When it clicks and the light turns on the lights also dim. Car always starts now, but I believe there was a recall back when I first got the car and the ignition had to be changed. I remember I had to keep getting car jumped. I am worried that this will happen again. A couple of times the door would not automatically unlock upon shutting off car. A mechanic checked the car when the light did turn on and he could not get a system reading saying something was wrong so it may or not be the sensor. I do not know what I should do as who can afford anything now. I will ask someone soon, but right now I just cover it with paper as it glares at you. The click is just as aggrevating as the light on. Even that is not consistent as it might go off if it feels like it. We have tried using different keys and there is no cure thus far.

- , Oshkosh, WI, USA

Dec 052009

Impala LS 3.0L

security light on dash comes on randomily from time to time while driving relays will start clicking ,headlights,stop lights, interior lights start blinking will stay on till u shut car off once it cools off and restart sometimes good for a couopkle days

- , Colonia, NJ, USA

Jun 222009

Impala LS V6

My security light started flashing about six months ago. I started having a hard time starting the car and figured it might be the battery. We replaced the battery, and the problem didn't stop. Then about two weeks ago, my security light started flashing on and off again, making my headlights flash on and off while driving and my air conditioner stopped working when the light would come on. Took the car to an air conditioner mechanic who couldn't find a problem with it and thought it might be electrical. When I went to pick it up, the car would start, however, when I put it in drive, it wouldn't move. I tried to put it in drive twice, and it still wouldn't move. The air conditioning mechanic thought about disconnecting the battery, hoping that it would trip up the iginition and allow it to release my key (it was stuck in the ignition!). He tried to turn the key before disconnecting the battery and it turned on. Then he put it in drive, and it moved. My husband jumped in it and took it down the street to the mechanic. He fixed it and told us to come pick it up. I got about a quarter of a mile from the shop (ten minutes before the shop closed) and the security light came back on (flashing), and all the lights in my car started flashing on and off. I called the mechanic and he waited for me to come back with the car. He put the monitor on it and no codes were coming up, however, the security light was still flashing and so were the lights on my dashboard, and my headlights! He said that there was obviously something wrong, however, he is still looking for the problem. Any suggestions? How expensive is the BCM and how much should it cost to have a mechanic fix it?

- , Crosby, TX, USA

May 042009

Impala LS V6

Security light came on and stayed on for 2 days. It went away. A week later it wouldn't start.

- , B'ton, NC, USA

Apr 012009

Impala LE V6

Has anyone found a solution to the "Passlock"security lite coming on on the 03 impala? Please let me know. Also is there a recall for this problem? Please email me and let me know @ Mrchucksr@verizon.net Thanks

- , Richmond, VA, USA

Mar 032009

Impala LS 3.8L

The security light would just come on and we would hear popping. We took it to an alarm Company and they pulled the dash out and cut the connector off between the ignition and body control module and soldered the wires together to get rid of the connector. Connectors corrode easily because they are cheaply made. It seems to help - the light seems to stay out now.

- , Lakeland, FL, USA