2003 Chevrolet Impala seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Impala:

2003 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

May 042014

I was involved in an accident on May 4, 2014. I hit another vehicle from the rear. There was extensive damage to my vehicle yet my air bag did not deploy. Also my seat belt failed to lock. As a result I hit the steering wheel with my mouth. I also hit the windshield with the top of my head. My teeth cut into my bottom lip and I had to go to the er later that night because of the pain. I feel that had the airbag deployed I wouldn't have sustained the injury that I did.

- Mcloud, OK, USA

Jun 082013

The contact owns a 2003 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that while driving 5 mph, another vehicle crashed into the vehicle. The rear driver's side belt became completely fractured. The rear driver's side passenger was injured and transported to the hospital for treatment. A police report was not filed. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence and was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the seat belt failure. The failure mileage was 92,000.

- Pacoima, CA, USA

Oct 262009

Driver's side shoulder harness is fraying.

- Farmington Hills, MI, USA