2004 Chevrolet Impala accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

2004 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Jan 212008

Impala 6-cyl

The temperature was 10 below zero and my heater blower quit working causing all of the windows to ice up on the inside. Fortunately, I was able to get the car home safely. I check the fuses, but could find no blown fuses. I took it into the dealer the next day (Monday) and, thankfully it was repaired under my G.M. extended warranty at no cost to me. I had 69,560 miles on the car at that time.

- Harrison, MI, USA

Dec 012006

Impala 6-cyl

Wow same problem as everyone else. Speed does not register properly seems to be whenever it wants it will show speeds higher then what they are. This is a danger because speeds are guessed in school zones and highways. After a couple days speed will begin to work ok. Now the blower motor and heater do not work unless you pound by the ashtray area and hopefully the air conditioning will start blowing but the heat will not come on when switched to heat. This is a safety issue living in Montana when it gets below 32 and colder it would be nice this winter to thaw out the windows so I can see when driving at unknown speeds. Sometimes when the air is blowing you can smell something burning. We are in drought conditions in Montana and if my car were to catch on fire on side of road and continue up the mountains this could be a disaster be creating a wildfire. I am unhappy with my car which has started problems around the 30,000 mile mark. Another problem is the high beam switch is needing to be clicked twice before dimming down from high beam. This is a safety issue due to blinding oncoming traffic. Transmission has been like slipping into gear as well.

- Helena, MT, USA