2004 Chevrolet Impala accessories - interior problems

2004 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Jan 102007

I have a 2004 Chevrolet Impala, the speedometer and temperature gauge on the instrument panel does not work properly. The speedometer shows all different speeds even if the car is not moving. The temperature gauge does not work at all. I am also beginning to doubt that the fuel gauge is correct. I was told by my Chevrolet dealer that the cost of repair will be around $700. I learned today on a news report the General Motors acknowledges the problem on their SUV's and pick-up trucks, but not on the Impala's. I am still trying to save the $700 for the repair.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Sep 162006

The event actually started the day that my wife and I bought the vehicle. We bought our vehicle used from sanger Ford in sanger, ca. First the temperature gauge went out. Later the speedometer stopped working and now our fuel gauge doesn't work. The mechanic at sanger Ford stated that it was the cluster and it was not covered under warranty and told us it would cost $507.45 to replace. We have since spoken to GM, who instructed us to get a diagnostic and they would take it from there. We paid $85 for a diagnostic at tom benson Chevrolet in san antonio, tx. GM then told us that there is no recall for the cluster on the Impala, but there are recalls on the Chevy Tahoe, Suburban and the Silverado and that if we wanted it replaced we could deduct the cost of the diagnostic from what tom benson wanted to charge to replace it, which was $500. I have seen comments online from other '04 Impala owners complaining about their cluster going out, they just either paid to have it replaced and the ones who didn't have the money to replace it, like myself, are stuck with not knowing how fast they are driving, how much gas they have or if their engine is running hot. Please help us. I know that this is a major problem and GM doesn't want to have to pay to fix it.

- San Antonio, TX, USA