2004 Chevrolet Impala body / paint problems

2004 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Oct 152015

The contact owns a 2004 Chevrolet Impala. While the vehicle was parked after a rain storm, the contact noticed water on the rear passenger side of the vehicle. The contact stated that even when the water was cleaned up and without rainy weather, water remained on the floor. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 120,000.

- Temple Hills, MD, USA

Apr 082015

The contact owns a 2004 Chevrolet Impala. After rainy weather conditions, water leaked from underneath the front passenger side dashboard. There was an accumulation of water on the front passenger side floor. The failure caused an electrical shortage and the radio speaker became damaged. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the water deflector shield would need to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 104,000.

- Utica, NY, USA

Dec 212012

Impala 6-cyl

As I proceeded West down richmond ave the young lady was pulling out of her job parking lot. She was trying to head East on richmond ave., but she was talking on her cell phone and also looking West instead of the direction traffic was coming from. As she proceeded to cross 3 lanes of traffic without looking in the right direction and talking on her cell phone, I start to blow my horn as well as trying to merge into the far left lane to Dodge her from hitting me. That was a failed attempt she still ends up smashing into my passenger side panel along with the front bumper and tire. No airbags ever deployed.

- Houston, TX, USA

May 152013

Impala 6-cyl

The day I bought the car used, the lights went out on the way home. After complaining on a Chevy forum, I bought a used multifunction switch which I learned was a common problem in Impala and monti carlos. This year in spring (sorry I don't remember the exact date or miles) that part malfunctioned when on bright. The salvage yard was sold out in used switches because it was such a common defect and I couldn't afford a ne, w one. While driving on dim I hit two deer which caused $100S of dollars in damages. I complained Chevy said they knew it was a problem and that I would have to pay for the part myself. I paid over $300 to replace with my labor. Then my lights went out on dim. Chevy did the math, its cheaper to take the chance O someone dying and suing then to take away this money source for dealers

- Roach, MO, USA

Sep 062008

Impala 6-cyl

I enter an intersection on a green light. The other party turned in front of me even though he had a red turn light. I hit him head on into the passenger side of his door. I slammed on my brakes but impact was almost immediate. My airbag did not go off. I sustained permanent nerve damage in both my hands and arms.

- Norman, OK, USA

May 152013

We where ran into on driver side no airbag came out we have had lots of steering problems. As of today there is still problems with the steering wheel engine light stays on and we just wont drive on highway at all.

- Rockford, IL, USA