2004 Chevrolet Impala cooling system problems

cooling system problem

2004 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Mar 012010

Impala LS 3.8L

My 2004 Chevrolet Impala LS 3.8L is overheating, I replaced the thermostat and the radiator cap and have flushed the radiator. When I went to bleed the cooling system it just kept venting air/steam. Like until it overheated again. So I shut it down and noticed that near/behind the alternator is a fairly loud hiss and steam coming out. One of the local mechanics said he hadn't heard of head gaskets blowing on the 3.8L very often, but that there was 'a plastic thing under the alternator that cracks a lot more often' - do you have any idea what he is talking about, and what that would be called? It is ONE thing after ANOTHER with this car

- , Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Mar 292009

Impala Series II 3.8L V6

I had my radiator flushed for the summer, after that it started overheating, then I had the thermostat replaced and it still overheats. Everyone I talked to says this is normal, yeah right, I don't think so. car runs hot all the time, could cause alot more problems, but computer reading says everything is ok. right, so when my car blows up. What then, I won't have a car. this sucks, I hate this car, you think Chevy people would take pride in American cars, that explains why people are buying foreign cars, because American cars sucks big time. I still owe 10,000.00 dollars on this car. If this car does blow up I will be stuck with a bill of 10,000.00 dollars and no car. I hate Chevy's they have become unreliable.

- , Lewiston, ID, USA