2. wait 20 - 30 minutes to try to start again (8 reports)
  3. disconnect battery for a few minutes then reconnect it (5 reports)
  4. buy a Toyota or Honda (4 reports)
  5. replace computer module & passlock sensor/cylinder switch (2 reports)
  6. replace ignition cylinder (2 reports)
2004 Chevrolet Impala electrical problems

2004 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Feb 062008

Impala LS V6

This stupid security system is causing me major problems! This morning I was an hour late for work cause of it! On top of that my chief didn't completely believe me.I love my Impala but GM needs to fix this!!

- , Hampton, VA, USA

Dec 022007

Impala 3.4L V6

dealership had car for 2 days, told me I had to pick it back up and turn in

loaner, stated the computer did not read the problem and they could not

recreate the problem. Picked car up on 11-30-07 and broke down on

12-2-07. I am tired of the service dept telling me they cant find problem

and I am tired of being stranded, for a female this is not acceptable.

- , Flint, MI, USA

Jul 042007

Impala C41099

I am pissed off my car is not even paid off yet and I have replaced my ignition 2 times now come to find out it was the passlock that my vehicle is equipped with. So my car thinks I am stealing it and will not let me start my car. I can not pay anymore to have it fixed so if anyone knows what I can do that would be great. I thought maybe the problem was the aftermarket CD and speaker I put in my car. SO my boyfriend is trying that to see if that fixes the problem.

- , Glen Burnie, MD, USA

Nov 252007

Impala 3.4L V6

This has happened several times since purchased on 5/19/07 and can not find solution with dealership to the problem. I am tired of being stranded for 1-3 hours each time the car wont start.

- , Flint, MI, USA