2004 Chevrolet Impala lights problems

lights problem

2004 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Jan 052009

The headlights go completely out occasionally when switching on the high beams. It has done this intermittently for some time. They will come on when you switch them again. The car is a 2004 Chevrolet Impala ss. It first started it about 2 yrs ago.

- Fort Pierre, SD, USA

Aug 152007

I have read several complaints on forums, such as the ones on, about this issue. 2004 Chevy Impala... using the high beams, and suddenly its dark out side... the lights just turn off! you have to flicker the high beams a few times, and the normal lights will come back on. My lights have turned off while driving in the dark at least 400 times so far! this is going to get someone killed! everyone wants around $700 to fix the issue, I think Chevy should step up and pay this!

- Lago Vista, TX, USA

Feb 102009

The headlights keep cutting out with increased frequency with all exterior lights including the dash lights. Also, the speedometer will stop working and just keep increasing until it points straight down. Both have happened several times.

- Fowlerville, MI, USA

Feb 102009

My 2004 Impala has problems with it's light/dimmer switch. One has to click the handle twice in order to dim/brighten the lights. A couple of time the dash lights and headlights all went completely out when I tried to dim/brighten the lights. This is a hazard. There should be a recall!!!!!

- Sidney, ME, USA

Jan 242009

Driving on a dark rural road at night and tried to put my lights on high beam. The lights went totally out when I tried to put them on high beam. Previously during the past 3 months they have flickered when I went to put them on high beam but did not go totally out. I have tried several more times to put them on high beam and the lights go out totally each time so I do not dare to try to put them on high beam now at all. I have called a dealership to have this looked into. They say they will have to test the car first then take the steering column apart and probably replace the switch. Estimated cost up to $1000 my car has only 27,499 miles on it and I bought it brand new in 2004.

- Augusta, ME, USA

Dec 142008

While driving at night my high beams will suddenly shut off. If I hit the dim/bright switch, the low beams will come back on. I have tried taking the lights off of the automatic setting but it makes no difference. It is very dangerous to be driving at night and the lights all of a sudden shut off.

- Wabeno, WI, USA