9.0

lights problem

2004 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Jan 142015

Impala

I have been trying to get this problem fixed because my husband and I have to get to work but it is difficult to do when you can only drive during the daylight hours. We have had numerous mechanics look and try to figure out what the problem is and they keep saying it is the dimmer switch but then they fix it and everything else works on the switch but the headlights. This has been going on for over a year now and we can't afford to keep putting money into something that does not work. This pisses me off.

- , Beulaville, NC, USA

Jun 012012

Impala 3.4L

I have had this problem for over a year. I have had it fixed a few times and it does it again and again. Now I am told the entire computer has to be replaced and it will cost $1000. I can't afford that now. I have been forced to only drive in the day. It is so bad that if I pull into an underground garage or drive through a tunnel the lights go out and I cannot make the high beams go in in their place.

Update from Oct 8, 2013: I have come to understand there are many 2004 Impala owners suffering problems with headlights going out and high beams not staying on. I just had mine fixed. The faulty part is called a multi-function switch. This is the turning signal switch we all use to signal left or right turns. It costs $570 for the part!!! What's ridiculous is that is the price for the 2004 model. The same 2006 model part costs just $69. The two are not interchangeable. There was 2 1/2 hours of labour added to the cost.

I called GM to ask if there were any recalls but as usual, there are none for the Impala. This is a HUGE safety issue. Please if there are Impala owners reading this, make a complaint to GM to force a recall so as not to have anyone seriously hurt or killed over it.

- , Vancouver, BC, canada