2005 Chevrolet Impala accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Impala:

2005 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Mar 132014

A sudden loud noise began while driving on the highway at speeds of 65-70. The noise lasted a few seconds followed by a louder loud noise coming from the top of the vehicle. I activated my hazard lights and pulled into the median to determine the cause. After opening the sliding cover for my vehicle's sunroof, I discovered the sunroof was missing and had flown off the vehicle while driving. I do not believe any vehicles were directly behind me. I am not sure if any vehicles hit the sunroof after it flew off my vehicle. I discovered a recall for the webasto hollandia 700 sunroof due to the sunroof flying off vehicles. I was not notified by the manufacturer of this recall. I will contact the manufacturer regarding this recall and to have the sunroof repaired.

- West Chester, OH, USA

Oct 032012

I am the original owner of a 68K miles 2005 Chevy Impala. The car was parked at my place of employment for the 8 hrs. My work hours ended and I started the car to proceed home. I pressed the sunroof switch to make it automatically open. It did not open. Smoke started to fill the passenger compartment and I noticed a flicker coming from the headliner. It was a flame. I tapped the headliner to make it go out and exited the car and removed my keys from the ignition upon exiting.

- Parma, OH, USA