6.7

2005 Chevrolet Impala brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Impala:

2005 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Jun 072012

Impala V6

For 2 mo's I have been having problems. My message board lights up Service Traction ABS light comes on!! I have had a wheel bearing replaced, brakes replaced all the way around the car and it still happens. When I am backing up or turning is when this happens most often.

I had it placed on a diagnostic computer today and was told there is no problems with the vehicle. Then 1 mile down the road the lights went off again. Does anyone know what the problem is or what needs to be repaired on the car? Is there a recall? I am a single mom of 3 and this is a constant worry. I am at the point I am scared to drive my car. Will this cause my brakes to fail at some point?

- , Mortons Gap, KY, USA

Jan 052009

Impala 3.4L

the ABS light and traction control light are on. Neither are in working order. I have read several blogs about this same situation and it seems we are all having issues yet we can't figure it out. I took it to a couple of mechanics and the code states that it is the right front speed sensor. It ranges anywhere from 125 to $400 to fix! Does anyone know if there is a recall or anything on this? I am a damsel in distress. If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know.. I just got laid off and can't afford a professional but am willing to try most anything.

- , Hillsboro, OH, USA

Jun 052007

Impala 3.4 L

This second occurrence which happened after driving from Houston to Atlanta and returning two weeks later, then again when backing up the message center by the speedometer flashed "Service Traction System" within a few miles of driving the ABS light came on. Took to the dealer and on the 13 April 2007, dealer diagnosed and replaced the Ignition Switch and the Electronic Brake and Traction Control Module.

- , League City, TX, USA