6.0

2005 Chevrolet Impala electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Impala:

2005 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Apr 202011

Impala LS 3.8L

This started over a year ago. It happened now & then so I just thought I was seeing things. Then someone asked me why it did that. Literally - the WHOLE dash board would die for a few seconds, then it would come back. It happened to me probably 10-12 times. I sold the car to my sister, but I think you ought to know about it!

- , Sand Lake, MI, USA

Mar 202006

Impala 3.4L V6

The dash lights are fading. I NEED SOMEONE TO TELL ME WHY I BOUGHT THIS PIECE OF S**T

- , Mansield, LA, USA

Sep 022009

Impala 3.4L

Dash back lighting is not working at all. The blue LCD displays (gear display, odometer, and radio channel/time) work in the daytime but not at night. When you turn ignition on at night the LCD's come on briefly then fade to black. The back lighting is not working at all. I have tested fuses and sprayed contact cleaner in headlight switch. Could it be the DRL (daytime running light) sensor on the dash?

- , Clavet, SK, Canada

Dec 012007

Impala

I started my car and the radio went off and all of the lights on the dashboard went off as well. I restarted the car and the same problem occurred. It cleared itself up in a few minutes. I'm glad this happened during the daylight so I could at least see how fast I was driving. Do NOT EVER, EVER, EVER buy an Impala. To be safe, you probably should never purchase a car manufactured by GM at all. GM wonders why they declared a record loss last year. If they still built quality products, they would have no problem selling their cars.

- , Lorain, Ohio, USA