2005 Chevrolet Impala electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Impala:

2005 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments (Page 3 of 11)

Oct 292014

Impala

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Impala. While driving 45 mph, the engine stalled. The vehicle was able to restart. The contact also stated that during cold weather, the vehicle failed to start intermittently and the alarm security warning light illuminated. The failure occurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact stated that the failure occurred after the vehicle was serviced under NHTSA campaign number: 14V400000 (electrical system). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 149,000.

- Wrens , GA, USA

Sep 052014

Impala 6-cyl

2005 Chevrolet Impala. Consumer writes in regards to a recall and seeks reimbursement. The ignition lock cylinder was replaced.

- Chicopee, MA, USA

Oct 012014

Impala

2005 Chevrolet Impala. Consumer writes in regard to GM recall #14350. * ld the consumer stated the vehicle locked up, several times. The consumer was informed the parts were not available.

- Nampa, ID, USA

Mar 032014

Impala 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that the key failed to start the vehicle properly. The contact mentioned that the key was tampered with in order to start the vehicle. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V400000 (electrical system) and felt that the remedy would fail to repair the vehicle. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN and failure mileage were unavailable. Updated 12/16/14 updated 01/15/15

- Waldorf , MD, USA

Aug 252014

Impala 6-cyl

The key to my Impala jammed and would not turn. I called my local dealer tom gill because I had heard there was a recall. They informed that did not know about a recall affecting ignitions for Chevy Impala. I had my car repaired by a lock smith. I have now received my recall notice and they inform me they do not have the parts. GM is not taking this recall serious. I will not buy another GM product. Information redacted pursuant to the Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA), 5 U.S.C. 552(B)(6).

- Union, KS, USA

Jun 022014

Impala

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Impala. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V400000 (electrical system). However, the part needed to remedy the vehicle was unavailable. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The VIN was unavailable. The contact did not experience a failure.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Aug 152014

Impala

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Impala. While driving approximately 25 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V400000 (electrical system); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Shreveport, LA, USA

May 072014

Ignition key sticks.

- Albany, CA, USA

Oct 062014

Impala 6-cyl

While driving my car it just died my key seem to shake loose which could have caused a accident. Jut wanted this on record to until recall start on Chevy Impala's.

- Lees Summit, MO, USA

Oct 072014

Impala

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Impala. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V400000 (electrical system). However, the part to do repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Douglas, MA, USA

Jan 212014

Impala 6-cyl

When starting the vehicle, the engine intermittently starts, runs rough/sub idle then stalls. When the engine starts it seems to run normally, but on at least three occasions, while driving the vehicle the engine would stall and I would loose power steering and brakes. I took the vehicle to jeff wyler Chevrolet for repairs. They had this vehicle from Jan 21 - Feb 11, and replaced the body control module at a cost of approx $435 dollars. When I started the vehicle the conditions remained the same. I subsequently took the vehicle to an independent repair shop (kt automotive llc). They replaced the ignition switch and condition was corrected (approx cost $180 dollars). Note; this condition existed with multiple or no additional keys on my key ring. On 17sept GM recall 14350 was completed on my key(s). Given the experiences described above, this recall will not correct the faulty ignition switch defect on this vehicle.

- Pickerington, OH, USA

Oct 012014

Impala

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Impala. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V400000 (electrical system); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Gloversville, NY, USA

Feb 142012

Impala 6-cyl

Starting in February of 2012, my car has failed to start on several occasions. I have had this car for 3 years and it has let me down so many times. I go to crank my car and it doesn't do anything. I took it to a certified mechanic and he told me it was the security system and he showed me how to reset it. You turn the ignition to the on position, wait for the security light to blink 3 times, then turn the ignition back to the off position and wait about 12 minutes and then your car will crank. If not repeat the steps and wait a few minutes longer before trying to crank it. I have waited up to 1 1/2 hours. I have been late for work, stuck in 100 degree weather with my kis, couldn't rush daughter to hospital when she had a 102 degree fever. This is very dangerous and I am sick of this unreliable car!

- Wilson, NC, USA

Mar 032014

Impala 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for a diagnostic testing. The technician replaced the ignition switch. The contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign number: 14V400000 (electrical system). However, the manufacturer stated the failure was not related to the recall. The approximate failure mileage was 89,000. Updated 11/20/14 updated 08/4/2015

- Montgomery, AL, USA

Apr 162014

Impala 4WD 6-cyl

I had to have the ignition replaced on my car this year! now the air bag light is on and stays on N won't go off! not sure if it's on recall or not.

- Nashville, MI, USA

May 282014

Impala

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Impala. While driving approximately 35 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning and caused the driver to crash into another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was not filed and no injuries were reported. The dealer was unable to duplicate the failure. The contact recently received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V40000 (electrical system). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 127,000.

- Peoria, IL, USA

Sep 172014

Impala 6-cyl

Car will not start. Need to wait 10 minutes to attempt start again. Failure is likely due to faulty anti-theft security system that reads the ignition key incorrectly but not sure. Safety issue is 10 minutes in the hot Texas summer can mean instant dehydration to an infant. I am the father of an infant! some other Chevy model of the same year (2005) have had the ignition lock switch replaced and I believe the same should be done with the 2005 Chevy Impala.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Aug 222014

Impala 6-cyl

Ignition failure caused to lose control of vehicle and run into stump causing $3350 of damage to vehicle.

- Emory, TX, USA

Sep 012010

Impala

After the ignition is shut off with either the key in or out of ignition, when any door is open the radio is supposed to turn off. Periodically the radio will stay of even after the door is opened. Most times, the radio will go off if the door is opened back up, but there have been some times that the radio never shuts off. The sensor is combined into the lock assembly. I have been checking forums for any Chevy, GMC, Saturn, or other GM models and it seems to be a common problem. I also have a Saturn outlook that is doing the same thing.

- Brownstown, MI, USA

Aug 112014

Impala 6-cyl

I was merging and exiting off the expressway on my way to work and went to use my turn signal and it quit working. Upon arriving at work I tried it again and nothing...I then tried my other turn signal and hazard light also and they didn't work either. I do alot of expressway driving to different cities due to my job of which I have to change lanes and merge and turn quite frequently so this is a major concern with my turn signals and flasher not working.

- Alpine, CA, USA