2007 Chevrolet Impala engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Impala:

2007 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Apr 092013

Impala 6-cyl

Service traction control message displayed followed by engine power will be reduced message. Both traction control light and engine check light are both on.

- Taunton, MA, USA

Mar 192013

Impala 6-cyl

Started my vehicle as I went to pull off to drive my vehicle my car would not accelerate/pick up on speed. The car started putting. I pulled over because the car would no longer move, but was still running. My sister push me bumper to bumper to my mechanic only to find out it was my throttle body.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Jan 032013

Impala 6-cyl

The first instance I was driving and the "service brake system" flashed on the display. I had all brake pads replaced at dealer on 1/3/2013. 2/7/2013 I was in traffic and the car suddenly slows to about 10 mph and would not accelerate the dash then displayed "reduced engine power" and the check engine light came on. On 2/14/2013, I had the throttle positioning sensor replaced and at the same time had the rear defrost wiring repaired because that had not been working for over a year. On 3/4/2013 the car would not start by the factory remote start, so went out and started the car with the key, when I returned to the car the vehicle would not start at all the chime would sound the lights on the dash flashed but no start. I waited a few minutes then tried again, the car started briefly (50 seconds) "reduced engine power" appeared on the dash then it shut down completely. I looked under the hood saw the battery attachment was loose, tightened that up and then the car started up. However, the car radio (factory radio never replaced), the chime, or the ticking of the turning signals no longer work. I have an appointment with dealer on 3/14/13, but the car seems to be failing all around. In reading Chevy/GM forums, there are thousands of Chevy owners experiencing these same issues, Chevy/GM needs to take ownership and investigate these vehicles to determine the root cause of the problems. Nearly 3000 dollars later in dealer repairs is not getting to the bottom of the issue. I was nearly in a crash due to the reduced engine power issue and that was scary enough to make me not want to drive this car or an at all.

- Omaha, NE, USA

Jan 142013

As I was driving the engine light came on and the display read reduced engine power. The car slowed down and resisted as I accelerated. I can only drive about 20 miles per hour. There is no warning and there is a decrease in acceleration. There was no warning and I have my child in the car. This is very dangerous.

- South Holland, IL, USA

Dec 172012

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that when she started the vehicle, she received an illuminated message stating that the engine power was low. Later the check engine warning light also illuminated. The manufacturer was notified and advised her to take the vehicle to a dealer. The vehicle had not been diagnosed or repaired. The failure and current mileage was 36,000.

- Mobile, AL, USA

Jan 032011

Impala 6-cyl

My air bag light continues to come on for no reason, my tire sensor light comes on as well even when there's nothing wrong with my tires, my service engine light is on I got it serviced and its still on, my seat belts do not work properly, my heat and air doesn't work properly as well there's so much wrong with my car and I have spent so much money fixing it and the same problems still occur.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Nov 102012

Impala 6-cyl Diesel

Returning home from work on interstate noticed it took higher rpms to get up to the 65mph speed limit. After driving for a few minutes I stopped at a red light. The vehicle could then only get up to 40mph and lost power down to 10mph when I pulled over and called it a day. Currently at the shop with 10 different codes showing. Unfortunately I have had it jsut over 5 years and not in warranty any more.

- Leesburg, VA, USA

Jun 152009

Since I have had my Impala I have had several problems with the ca. The first problem that I noticed was that my windshield wiper fluid stop coming out after on having the car a few months, I later found out that the motor had gone out. Another problem that im having is that the check tire service light continues to come on even after, tires have been filled and replaced, I have also noticed that on occasions many of the other service lights come on like check airbags, and brakes even after car has been serviced. My biggest issue is that my transmission fluid has begun to leak out my car and no one not even the dealership can figure out where or why its leaking. This causes the car to hesitate and jerk upon acceleration. Reading a lot of the forums out I'm not the only person having these problems and I think that an investigation should be done on the Impala.

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Oct 062009

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that while driving 65 mph, the engine reduce power warning light illuminated as the vehicle stalled. The contact mentioned that whenever the message illuminated, she would have to respond rapidly and merge off the roadway before the vehicle would stall. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 80,000 and the current mileage was 134,930.

- Topeka, KS, USA

Feb 202012

Impala 6-cyl

Coolant crossover gaskets keep leaking on 2nd set now. Part 12623852 12577704 gasket. GM knows they have a issue per their bull. 07-06-02-006E. The way I notice it leaking is when the heater does not get hot, when sitting, very slow leak.

- Haysville, KS, USA

May 072012

My Impala's service traction control and engine power reduced lights came on 05/07/12 and I loss power to my car. I took my car in to a Chevy dealership to have it serviced, I was told after they diagnosed it that I needed a new throttle body so I had it replaced for the cost of $647 1 week later I was driving home and my car loss power and shutdown completely luckily I wasn't in heavy traffic and was able to pull over to the side of the road. I tried to restart it and white smoke came from the tailpipe so I had it towed back to the same dealership they told me after looking @ it that now I needed a new engine which would cost me $6200 I didn't get any lights on the dashboard or any other indication that I was having engine trouble and they cant tell me why it happened. I have my car serviced like clockwork @ the dealership spending good money for supposedly good quality service instead of some rinky dink garage but I guess that didn't matter. This happened just after warranty expired, I have 9100 miles and 3 car payments left.

- Chicago, IL, USA