2.8

2007 Chevrolet Impala miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Impala:

2007 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Jul 302016

My dash is cracked

- Columbia, PA, USA

Jul 282016

Impala

I was traveling on the interstate at about 60 mph going uphill. I did not have it in cruise control. Iwas passing a semi. Suddenly the steering became very difficult, and the brakes seemed hard to push. I finally managed to get the car off the road and stopped. I put in park and got out to check and see if one of the tires had blown out, I left it running. The tires were fine. I got back in and put it in gear and eased down on the gas to see how it was going to go. It did fine, I drove it the rest of the day and it seemed to be normal. I am concerned this could be connected to the ignition recall back in 2014 and worry that it might happen again. My husband is attempting to get it looked at by mechanic.

- Olive Hill, KY, USA

May 012016

Impala

Vehicle stationary. First of all, car key broke off in the lock. The bottom half is embedded in the lock so the spare key will not go in. Therefore, cannot lock the car at all. Second, left rear door will not open. The child safety lock is not on. Door will not open from the inside or the outside. I Transport four seniors to and from church every week, and they have a very hard time getting in and out of the car from the right door only in having to slide so far over. Also, since the car cannot be locked, they cannot leave their things in it for fear of someone taking them. Why oh why didn't Chevy put a lock on both of the front doors??

- Burnham, IL, USA

Jun 012014

Impala

In 2014 I bought this Chevy Impala from a local dealer. Over time a strong odor skunk like smell radiates from the vehicles interior. After trying different things to solve this problem it still wouldn't go away. I recently did some online investigation and found out GM issued a tsb #08-08-110-019 for this problem, but they will not fix because car is out of warranty. This is a really strong odor afraid somebody is going to get sick. What can be done about this to get it fixed, I think GM should be totally responsible for this problem.

- Manistee, MI, USA

Jan 282016

Impala

Currently car has 140,000 miles. 1. car hesitates and stalls into gear. It accelerates slowly and jerk and jerks and jolts into traffic constantly. Started around at 130,000 miles. 2. every time I turn on the heat from the air conditioner and vice versa, it makes a loud clicking and clacking sound that lasts for about a minute and it is loud enough to be heard outside the car. Started around 10,000 miles. 3. was driving down the road when the dash starts chiming and displaying the oil pressure is low and to stop the engine. I stopped and checked the oil and it looked fine. This is ongoing and is frustrating. Started around 125,000 miles. 4. I am beginning to notice that all of the above defects occur once my car reaches a certain mile.

- Douglasville, GA, USA

Dec 122015

Impala

In December my car while driving, I experienced reduced engine power the speed immediately dropped without warning and the car cut off. I was stuck in the middle of highway traffic praying that we would not be hit when everyone is doing 70 mph. When the reduced power light comes on the engine light comes on along with the traction light. I took the car to the dealership to only be told that they are not 100% sure what the problem is, but I can start by replacing the PCM module and that may or may not fix the problem. I have a problem with a Chevy dealership not knowing what is wrong with they cars. Especially a car that is having this problem with so many of its car across the nation. This is a huge safety issue. I have been inconvenience since December as I have not been able to drive my car after having this issue and not feeling confident in $1,000 repair that the dealership themselves are not sure is going to fix the issue. I went to the dealership to get to the root of the problem in hopes of getting a solution and solid plan. I think that GM need to be held accountable for this issue and found a good solid solution to the problem and not guessing fixes to make money. We are talking about people lives are being put in danger. Like I felt mine was when you are in the middle line on a highway, where the speed limit is 70 mph and your car reduce power and then shut down.

- Eastpointe, MI, USA

Feb 232014

Impala

Car hesitates and stalls into gear when turning into intersection or after stoping. In accelerates slowly and jerks into traffic.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Nov 202015

Impala

My son was driving on the highway and the light "reduced power to engine" goes on and the car stalls. After half hour it started but drove slowly so he was able to get of the highway and we had it towed where some work was done such as some sensors. It worked fine for a couple of weeks and last night it did the same thing. He is in college so he took it to local shop and they can't recreate it and don't know what is wrong. They will try some more sensors but this is a hit or miss which is costing real money. Now we don't know when he will be stranded or if it will ever be fixed. Not very reassuring.

- Milford, CT, USA

Oct 072015

Impala

Reduced engine power message came, car stopped suddenly in the street.

- Cedar Rapids, IA, USA

Oct 102014

Impala

In October 2014 I was driving down the highway going to work and the car went from 65 to 20, then it started shaking. I pulled over and the car was fine. I got back in the car and it did the same thing. I took it to the dealership and they said they would see what was wrong with it. I was already working with GM on the same issue and nothing was done. I took my vehicle to dave's mufflers in February 2015 and they fixed the throttle body. 6 months later I am having the same issue. Dave's mufflers said they ordered the part from the dealership and I just got the car fixed in February 2015. This could have caused a serious accident and my family could have been killed. There is a site with numerous of the same complaints with this vehicle and a recall really needs to be issued before someone gets killed.

- Kenosha , WI, USA

Jun 162014

Impala

The check engine light keeps coming on, the scope says vapor leak, I was told to replace the gas cap, so I did and had the engine light turned off. It came back on about 2 weeks later, so I went and bought another gas cap and still the engine light comes on. With the engine light on my start engine button wont turn the engine on for me. Is there any recall for something like this?

- Muskegon, MI, USA

May 302015

Impala

Driving home from work and all of a sudden he got the reduced engine power / service traction control alert..I have an 07 Chevy Impala that keeps giving me a "reduced engine power" message, then cuts your power and you can't drive more than about 30 mph. This is so dangerous to have ur power go from 70 mph to 30 this car has been doing this since I purchased 2 years ago this may this has happened 5 times and 2 times I was on the interstate someone is going to get kill I googles this issue and seen hundreds with the same issue

- Linwood, NC, USA

Aug 122014

Impala

On Tuesday, August 12th I had a rear tire blowout while driving my 2007 Chevrolet Impala. Upon closer inspection, both of the rear tires, which were both purchased new approximately 18 months ago, were extremely paper thin on the insides of the tire. The cause of this unusual wear was due to faulty spindle rods.

- Abingdon, VA, USA

Jul 312013

Impala 6-cyl

While driving down the street my car began to slow down and the steering wheel started to tighten up. I looked down and noticed that the completely shut off. The ignition key was turned on, the radio still playing, all lights on - but the car was not on. The car was shut down. I then attempted to start the car up and it would not start. Giving me a clicking noise with no alerts on in the car. After a few tries, the car started back up and I parked it back at home. The second time, the car had been sitting for about 45 mins and would not start. After several attempts I got my car to start, but I was not able to go one minute without it cutting off while turning corner. This was the 2nd time the car stopped/shut down while in drive. The next time I was actually taking the car to the shop and I drove about 3 mins before it shut off and took several attempts to start the car. I have small children and for my car to continuously stop while driving is a huge problem!! I have been fortunate enough for it not to have stopped on a highway or anything, but this is very dangerous and no one, not even the Chevrolet dealership service center has been able to find what the problem is. This is extremely dangerous and needs to be addressed!! my car has stopped while in drive 5 times in two weeks, while I have been driving, and 3 times while sitting idle.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Oct 082008

Impala 6-cyl

07 Impala for excessive front tire wear not rear as has been the problem. Car has now 52,000 miles on it. Dealership has tested the car for problem with rear alignment bolts, checked it to GM specs. Contacted GM who said there was no problem with the car. Car goes through a set of front tires approx every 15000 miles. Complaint started after replacing first set of tires @ 16,000 miles

- Penfield, NY, USA

Sep 132011

Impala

I was wondering I hear a clicking sound on my air conditioner what could it be and could that be a recall. I can't turn on my air conditioner because I am scared that my car can catch fire.

- Pasadena, TX, USA

Dec 292009

Impala

1. constant fishtaling when driving 2. since vehicle was purchased 3. repaired by qualified auto repair shop, since no GM dealer nearby.

- Huntley, IL, USA

Jul 192008

Impala 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Impala. When the contact purchased the vehicle, he noticed a foul odor coming from the ventilation system. The odor burns his eyes, gives him and his wife a headache, and causes a bad taste in his mouth. The issue has been checked approximately 12 times with no resolution. The current mileage was 30,000 and failure mileage was 28,000. Updated 11/19/08. Updated 11/19/08.

- Nekoosa, WI, USA

May 102007

Impala

This is a request in order that the dot will begin (suggestion) for monthly us inspection to determine the defects and recalls and maintenance deficiencies on all police Ford and Chevrolet vehicles. This request is for monthly inspections on motorcycles and ambulance vehicles (by us dot) and fire vehicles to help promote safety of motorists and pedestrian, bicyclists. The assumption is that most city, county, state police type vehicles are 2007 or 2008.

- Houston, TX, USA