4.3

2007 Chevrolet Impala wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Impala:

2007 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

May 232010

Impala

Tread separated from tire, loss of air. Third tire of this same make and model to do this.

- Rogersville, MO, USA

Apr 302010

Impala 6-cyl

2007 Chevrolet Impala. Premature tire wear the consumer also has another complaint with a different vehicle. ODI # 10334853. Updated 06/04/10. The consumer is requesting an inspection of the vehicle. He would like the struts and front end to be inspected. Updated 08/12/10

- S. Charleston, WV, USA

Apr 052008

Impala

I purchised this car in April of '08 and it has been failing since I bought it. There is a vibration while riding in the car that makes your body bounce. The dealer states they don't feel it, but I have cronic back pain from it. I have had it at the dealer several times and no fix. I took it to an alinement shop they told me that the stuts were set out from the factory so the tires don't hit the grond flat like they should. The problem causes my tires to slip out of balance constantly making the vibration worse. My windshield and dash both make craking noises now from all the vibration in the car. It makes for a very uncomfortable ride. I am on my 3rd set of tires at 28.300. The brakes don't work properly, the dealer has turned the rotors twice for warping. Now they are grooved and they tell me that "it's normal" and I don't have the normal stoping power I should. The power stering squiels, but they can't hear it. The front end has a banging noise when going over bumps, "they don't hear",but I can feel it in the floor board when it happens. The car is sluggish when excelerating, "no problem found". the fuel econemy has decreased as well. While on an incline the car roles backward like a standard, "it's normal" I have never had a car do that without the trany being bad. When stoped at a light the trany takes a couple of seconds to reengage for take off. Tps repeated problems not working poperly. The cars handling is very poor in the rain, snow, or ice. The muffler system has a leak as well.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Feb 102010

Impala

I did not realize such a website existed. I have purchased many new vehicles and have always been happy until I purchased my 2007 Impala brand new with 27 miles. I started looking on the internet due to "steering" problem and found this website. You can be driving down the road and the steering wheel will lock up and not move for several seconds. It would be very easy to have a accident you need the wheels to turn, but the wheel want move. I think my husband thought I was crazy until he happen to be with me the other day and witness this. I have noticed that all 5 times this has happened it has been raining out. The 1st 2 times were probably a year ago, but it has happened 3 times in the last 2 months. I have also had the tire issue, did not think about it being the car, but I have had 3 sets of brand new tires on this vehicle. Same problem someone else mentioned the rear tires wear completely out on the inside. I had wires hanging out on 1 year old tires. I do not feel safe at all in this vehicle and can't imagine anyone wanting to drive a vehicle that the steering locks up. I have 2 precious children and am not happy with this. I still owe a tremendous amount on the vehicle so I don't really have any options but to report to someone that might could help. Thanks! the structure- the door molding just fell off on the drivers side one day.

- Girdler, KY, USA

Sep 152009

Impala

Excessive tire ware on rear tires---noticed there was a problem at 22,000 mile's at 27,000 miles car would not hold the road.in the dead of summer car drove like you were on a lake of ice( 2007 Chevy ss Impala)talked to dealers they said not a reported problem found out later that was !@#$%. its a susp problem.so much so there is an after market kit to correct problem had to take car to tire dealer where they corrected problem. Reported problem to G.M. and got more !@#$%.

- Goodrich, MI, USA

Apr 032008

Impala

I purchased Eagle F1 (235/50zr18) tires from the corporate Goodyear store in richmond, Virginia on April 3, 2008. In less than one year, four tires were replaced due to cupping. I researched the internet and discovered other complaints about Eagle F1 cupping issues. Now, two additional Eagle F1 tires have cupped. I have paid a prorated cost for four additional tires, now two additional tires have cupped. I discovered customers who purchased Goodyear Eagle F1 tires from tire rack received four new tires at no cost plus a $100 per tire payment to offset tire mounting, freight and balancing. To date, I have spent $1,995.99 for eight Eagle F1 tires with cupping issues. Goodyear offered to replace the four Eagle F1S currently on my car with four non Eagle F1 tires for $722. Goodyear denies a tire recall. The manager indicated the Eagle F1S as one of goodyears best tires, however, they are no longer on display in his store. Goodyear has yet to offer adequate compensation based on that received by customers of tire rack, which is not a Goodyear corporate store.

- Richmond, VA, USA

Nov 302009

Impala

I am now buying the 3rd set of rear tires in less than a year. The inside tread wears down to the wires every 13-16,000 miles. The VIN on my car falls within the VIN's listed on GM tsb 8032, however this car is not a police car. GM states that I must be hitting a pothole causing alignment problems. I must be hitting the same pothole at the same mileage all 3 times and it only affects the rear tires. There is extensive anecdotal references to this problem on numerous car complaint websites, including NHTSA. Someone is going to get seriously hurt if GM is allowed to ignore this problem. GM's only solution is to sell me alignments and tires since it is "my fault" and even though the problem is identical to the issue noted by GM in tsb 8032, it can't possibly be related since the other identical problem only happens on police and government cars to which GM sells a lot of cars. The everyday individual does not have the complaining power of a large bulk purchaser.

- Granger, IN, USA

Sep 142009

Impala

The tires on my 2007 Chevy Impala wear on the inside and not on the center or outside.

- South Ozone Park, NY, USA

Sep 112009

Impala

Tires wearing on inside tread of all four tires.

- Meridian, MS, USA

Jan 102007

Impala

Back end of 2007 Chevy Impala slips on water and snow, feels like I'm on an ice rink. Never felt this in the 32 years driving cars. The tires wear on the inside and camber looks way off.

- Champlin, MN, USA

Dec 272008

Impala

Vibration and pulling on highway in speeds above 60mph. Had tires rotated/balanced and numerous alignments performed without resolution. Third party inspected tires and found "tread separation" on 3 of the 4 tires. Tires exhibited these problems since about 29000 miles and were replaced at 36000.

- Florence, AZ, USA

Oct 102008

Impala

Bought my 2007 Impala at local dealership. Was a rental with 12,000 miles on it. Always had a bumpy ride and it pulled a bit to the left. At a recent oil change, I asked for the tires to be rotated as it now had about 24,000 miles. Guy at oil place said I shouldn't rotate them since the better of the 4 tires were in the front already and with winter coming, was best to leave them as they were. Said they are wearing on the insides of the rear tires, down to the steel belts. I took it to the Chevy dealer where I purchased it. They indicated they had one other complaint like this. Offered a 4-tire alignment that they would cover. This was not covered by GM warranty (would have been covered up to 7,000 miles). They then quoted me for 2 new tires to replace the rear tires. After some discussion, they were able to get their GM representative to cover part of the cost of the 2 new tires and the dealership covered the rest. I was given a loaner car for a night also. Dealership is fantastic. This is the 4th car I had purchased from them and they have great customer service. GM on the other hand has a problem with these vehicles and should issue a recall to get alignments done on all of them before tires get in such bad shape! kudos to my Chevy dealership and shame on GM!

- Wisconsin Rapids, WI, USA

Jun 282008

Impala

While driving vehicle hear and feel lump, lump about 10 times and then an explosion. You can feel the tire explode on the bottom of your car and through the steering wheel.

- Greenville, FL, USA

Aug 162008

- Greenville, FL, USA

Jan 012008

Impala

We have two Chevy Impala and both have less then 25,000 miles. They both had alignments, both went through two sets of tires, both went through two sets of brakes and rotors and one already needed a battery.

- York, PW, USA

Feb 262008

Impala

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Impala. The vehicle has Goodyear integrity, size 175/70R13 tires. While driving 30 mph in the snow, the vehicle began to slide. The failure also occurred in wet and icy conditions. The dealer stated that the tires were defective and needed to be replaced; however, they did not specify the reason. The dot number, VIN, engine size, and number of cylinders were unknown. The current and failure mileages were 25,000.

- Ishpeming , MI, USA

Feb 252008

Impala 6-cyl

Rear alignment not within specs from factory, caused rear tires to wear out prematurely. Front disk brake rotors and brakes unrepairable at 11,000 miles. Chevrolet would not cover repairs under warranty.

- Bernalillo, NM, USA

Dec 272007

Impala 6-cyl

Goodyear integrity 225/60R16 tire got flat tire from small plastic debris. When tire was repaired it was pointed out the tire is over half worn at just barely 9,000 miles. Tire if kept on vehicle will require replacement before 17,000 miles. Also tire handles poorly in all conditions. Very loose handling and excessive tire noise on corners even at slow speeds.

- Horsham, PA, USA

Oct 302007

Impala 6-cyl

Within 6 months of leasing a 07 Impala, there has been three separate occasions my tire has lost all air pressure while parked within hours. 1st instance: Between 10 a.M. and 1 P.M. the tire lost air to where the rim was touching the ground. 2nd instance: Lost 1/2 of air overnight - again the rim touched the ground. I had pep boys and the dealership where I am leasing the vehicle examine the tire and both said nothing was wrong with the tire and it was probably someone letting the air out of the tire. Third instance: I left my vehicle in the garage overnight and woke up to the rim touching the ground. This ruled out someone letting the air out of the tire. I again took it to the Chevy dealership who I am leasing through, and once again, I was told nothing was wrong with the tire.

- Sterling Heights, MI, USA