4.4

2008 Chevrolet Impala accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Impala:

2008 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Mar 182013

Impala

I started getting this clicking noise behind the glove box on my 2008 Chevrolet Impala. My mechanic determined that it was the right side temp door actuator and the air inlet door actuator. They replaced both and the clicking noise went away and controls worked fine again. Now in November, 2014, the same thing is happening. From all that I have read the actuators are manufactured with cheap plastic gears that don't last. I have read several complaints of this same nature on line. In southern Florida, air conditioning in the car is a absolute necessity and it gets very expensive to continue to fix the defective parts. This problem will certainly be a determining factor when I decide to buy another new vehicle.

- Port Saint Lucie, FL, USA

Feb 062014

Impala

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that while driving approximately 35 mph, the defroster system was not properly defrosting the rear window and was affecting his visibility. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing and the mechanic informed the contact that the wiring harness had overheated and was not carrying enough voltage for the vehicle. The mechanic also stated that where the connector was located, the wiring harness was smoldered and could have caused a fire. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 61,000.

- Grosspoint Park, MI, USA

Feb 062012

Impala

The A/C actuator is making a clicking noise which prevents the defrost system from working properly. It starts to click when the temperature is warm outside but it doesn't do it in the cool temperatures. During cooler temperatures, the car makes a revving noise.

- Mayersville, MS, USA

Nov 042011

Impala

For a few days I have been smelling a burning smell in my car. I noticed that my rear window defroster had stopped functioning. After a google search I came up on a posting at the naioa website with many people having a connection burn up in the passenger kick panel with pictures posted. I went and looked at my car and the connector was burnt and melted just like everyone else's in the forum posting. This is a connector with many wires in it, and I think could be a fire hazard or safety hazard on the vehicle if the other wires burned or shorted.

- Omaha, NE, USA