2008 Chevrolet Impala brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Impala:

2008 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Jan 292013

Impala 8-cyl

I was starting the car up and the engine was going in and out. I noticed that the check engine light was on and it stayed on. The stabili-trac light also came on. The panel also said that the engine was losing power. This happened 2 times within the last 8 days. I stopped the vehicle and turned it off. Cranked it back up and the check engine light was still on. Took it to the car dealer and they said that it was the throttle position sensor.

- Orangeburg, SC, USA

Dec 292012

I started the car with the remote start and it was warming up, went out put my two small children I and started it with the key, went back to grab my bag, and got in to go. When I hopped in the message center was blinking; engine power reduced, stabilization track, and something else to do with the traction control. It was very cold out and we had a long drive, I was very scared we would be stranded in the cold. My car has several miles, but has always been taken care of. This is very frustrating, and scary. I have done some research on-line, and it sounds as though Chevy is doing nothing to help the situation, and its happening with a lot of the same year vehicles! I love my car, this is the first big issue, I am so sad about it. I am worried about driving with my kids, from what I have read the car will just turn off! not okay!!! I hope that something; say a recall happens so this can be repaired with few lives lost. Do they want to be like Toyota and all the headache they had!

- Freeport, MN, USA

Jun 172012

My car shut off with a reduced engine power message with my two small children in the car while the car was in motion.

- Lansdowne, PA, USA

Dec 132010

Safety issue - vehicle looses power and control. The service stabiltrak and no power to the engine service lights appear and the car looses control and power while driving... multiple incidents GM dealer could not identify/fix. This recurring issue is a serious safety concern driving down the road in the snow loosing power and control will cause accidents/injury.

- Bethel , MN, USA

Aug 182008

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Impala. The contact had problems with traction on wet or slippery roads; however, the traction light does not illuminate. The failure also occurred while driving over a bump in the road. The vehicle was not inspected when the complaint was filed. The failure mileage was 39000 and the current mileage was 45000.

- West Bend, WI, USA

Aug 142010

2008 Chevy Impala lt. Consumer states possible system flaw with electronic stability control system the consumer stated while driving at 55 mph another vehicle who was traveling on his left crossed into his lane with no signal and forced the consumer to make a sharp right and then a sharp left to avoid an accident. As he made the sharp left, his vehicle went completely out of control and sent him into a 360 degree sliding spin across the highway. The end result was the engine completely shutting down. The consumer didn't believe that the vehicle should have went out of control at that speed on very dry conditions with or without the electronic stability control system. Upon research, the consumer discovered the purpose of the ESC was to maintain stability in those type of situations.

- Country Club Hills, IL, USA

Mar 032008

Impala 6-cyl

I was involved in an accident I have a 2008 Chevy. Impala. My cruise was set at 52 mph and I applied my brake to release cruise and I applied my brake again I should of been going at least 25 mph. I had to slam my brake and try to avoid hitting a vehicle with no lights on and I hit them. I couldn't turn my wheels or stop and the cop said I sled 80 ft that is at least 8 of my car lengths im confused I was not going over 52 then applied brakes I was told it could be my cruise control got stuck and or sped up to because I had my brake on when I had to push them hard I need help with this I trying to get this investigated. Yeah im at fought I rear ended a van but I was not traveling at that speed please help.

- Henderson, MD, USA