2008 Chevrolet Impala electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Impala:

2008 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments (Page 10 of 10)

Jun 152008

My vehicle I purchases fro the dealer was supposedly in excellent shape. Not until I moved to los angeles, ca. I realized that the engine was not performing correctly. The engine is to drop down from a 8cycl to a 6cycl when it is in overdrive (60+mph). (this is called 'active fuel management system.) my engine would not due that. I took it to several dealers but they refused to fix the problem. Dealer said "it wasn't their fault. We bought this car from an auction". I feel their was something wrong with the car. Dealer inspection checklist was dated 3/26/2008. The car was a rental vehicle prior to me purchasing it as a used vehicle. The odometer reading was 12410 on 5/17/2008. I feel their was a problem with the engine "safety".

- Clifton,, CO, USA

Aug 212009

08 Chevrolet Impala has cracked and broken wires in the engine wring harness.

- Morganfield, KY, USA

Dec 142008

Whenever the outside temperature drops below approx 20 degrees F and the vehicle is parked overnight, the factory remote starter and the keyless entry systems don't function unless I hold the transmitter directly above the hood of the vehicle. In warmer weather, the system works from distances greater than 50 feet. It has been to the dealer 3 times for the problem already and the problem still exists. Thus far, the 2 transmitters and the receiver have been replaced.

- Randolph, MA, USA