2008 Chevrolet Impala electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Impala:

2008 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments (Page 5 of 10)

Oct 102014

Impala

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that when coming to a stop, the vehicle jerked without warning. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 12V377000 (suspension) and 14V355000 (electrical system) however, the part needed for the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 90,066.

- Lexington, KY, USA

Oct 092014

Impala

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Impala. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign: 14V355000 (electrical system). However, the parts needed were unavailable. The dealer was uncertain when the parts would become available to service the vehicle under the recall. The manufacturer was notified of the problem and stated that the parts were available. The contact had not experience a failure.

- Miami, FL, USA

Sep 092013

Impala 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that the door actuator failed on the rear driver and passenger side doors. The contact also stated that the rear driver and passenger side doors failed to lock when the vehicle was in drive. The doors had to be manually locked and unlocked. The dealer stated that the actuator motor might need to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000. Updated 11/19/14 updated 8/13/2015

- Erie, PA, USA

Oct 062014

Impala

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Impala. While parked, the vehicle stalled without warning and was unable to restart. The vehicle was towed to a private mechanic, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V355000 (electrical system); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 97,000.

- Covington, GA, USA

Oct 082014

Impala

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Impala. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V355000 (electrical system); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Aug 072014

Impala

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Impala. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V355000 (electrical system); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Turbotville, PA, USA

Oct 032014

Impala

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that after having repairs performed for recall NHTSA campaign number: 14V355000 (electrical system), the key became lodged in the ignition switch. The contact mentioned that due to the failure the vehicle failed to turn off. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed a wire had fractured and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 66,763.

- Monongahela, PA, USA

Oct 022014

Impala

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Impala. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V355000 (electrical system); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Penscola, FL, USA

Aug 012014

Impala 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number: 14V355000 (electrical system) exceeded a reasonable amount of time for repair. The dealer stated that the part was unavailable for repair. The manufacturer was notified. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 11/17/2014 updated 4/29/2015

- Phillipsburg, NJ, USA

Jun 122014

Impala

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Impala. While driving 40 mph, smoke appeared from the air conditioning vent. The contact discovered that there was an electrical fire from the air condition vent. An independent mechanic informed the contact that he could wait for the fire to dissolve before notifying the fire department. The fire was able to dissolve and there was no police or fire report filed. There were no injuries reported. The dealer stated that the air condition resistor and connector wiring connection failed. The vehicle was not repaired. In addition, the ignition failed to release. The failure occurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failures. The approximate failure mileage was 95,000.

- Inglewood, CA, USA

Aug 042014

Impala

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Impala. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V355000 (electrical system), but the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Jersey City, NJ, USA

Sep 252014

Impala

The key is stuck in the ignition, this was at 10:15pm 9/25/14. The car was able to be turned off, I turned off the radio, lights, air and anything else I thought would kill the battery. I removed the key fob and locked my vehicle. I woke up this morning at 5am thinking the car wouldn't start but thankfully it did. I drove to work and now I am worried the battery will be dead when I return to it to go home. I called the dealership service department at jack winegardiner Chevrolet and they said the cause could be a dead battery, not so, I can start and drive the car just fine. When I asked what could be the cause, could it possibly be the recall 14299, he said no. I told him that I have done my research and this is an ongoing issue with these cars and he said unfortunately their is no recall for that MA'am and that I will be responsible for the repairs. Really, I had another issue with the card just a few days ago which I will report in another complaint. But in short the car had reduced power and traction was supposedly affected. Turned the car of and went in to work, went back to go home and it has been fine ever since. This car is becoming unreliable. I used to love my car, now, I don't think I will buy another Chevy, ever!

- Newburg, MD, USA

Sep 012014

Impala

2008 Chevrolet Impala. Consumer writes in regards to ignition key recall issues. The consumer was informed, the parts were unavailable.

- Peoria Heights, IL, USA

Aug 252014

Impala

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Impala. The contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign number 14V355000 (electrical system). However, the part needed to remedy the recall was unavailable. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experience a failure.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Jul 252014

Impala 4WD 6-cyl

Had vehicle repaired at fowler Chevrolet in tulsa Oklahoma and very concerned that vehicle should have been a total loss. Vehicle taken in 2nd time for rework. We have some pictures and video. Body shop manager was terminated. We need assistance. Very concerned about safety issues on vehicle at highway speeds. Unsure where to turn. Several people with Chevrolet involved to cover for dealer. The dealer informed the consumer to remove all the keys from the key ring. Updated 12/17/14...updated 06/16/15

- Broken Arrow, OK, USA

Aug 012014

Impala

In August 2014 I received a letter from GM stating that there is a recall on my vehicle recall# 14299, the letter stated that there is a problem with the ignition switch where if I happen to go over a speed bump, hit a pothole or off road my key "may unintentionally move the key away from the run position". the letter also states that if this were to occur it would affect my power steering, breaking and air bags due to the fact that the switch is not in the run position resulting in high risk of crash increasing the risk of injury or fatality. I was shocked when I received this information, I followed the directions of the letter and removed anything that added extra weight to my key and called GM immediately. I was told by a GM rep to contact my local dealer to see when parts will arrive to resolve this issue which still to this day they have not. Upon doing further research I come to find out that due to this issue there has been multiple crashes even some fatality's!!, now I am terrified to drive my vehicle seeing as how GM does not guarantee that even when only using the ignition key without added weight that the ignition wont be jarred to switch to the off position. I feel these vehicles should not be on the road seeing how they can cause harm to Chevy owners and people on the streets, also should be compensate in some way due to the fact that I have been having to find other ways to Transport myself where I need to be. I refuse to put my life and the life of my passengers at risk by driving this unsafe vehicle. I am very frustrated and extremely unhappy with sluggish response as well as the disinclined attitude of the reps at GM.

- Corona, CA, USA

Sep 112014

Impala

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start and the steering wheel would not lock. The vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V355000 (electrical system); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The VIN was unavailable. The approximate failure mileage was 135,463.

- Mount Harley, NC, USA

Dec 232013

Impala

The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that while driving 60 mph, the service traction control light illuminated and the vehicle jerked. The contact mentioned that the vehicle decelerated to 20 mph and would not increase. The problem recurred several times. The contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign number: 14V355000 (electrical system). The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The diagnosis was unknown. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- New Bern, NC, USA

Aug 272014

Impala

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated the key was stuck in the ignition. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 134,000.

- Clarksville, TN, USA

Aug 222014

Impala 6-cyl

Dash board went blank and now it comes on and then goes off. The gauges are not working for the gas, mileage temperature etc. My ac blower light etc is not even working. I cannot pass the vehicle emissions test because of this issue and very very frustrated. I will never never ever ever ever refer anyone to buy a Chevy ever. I have had more issues with this car that you cannot believe. I will be purchasing a foreign car going forward.

- Calumet City, IL, USA