7.3

1. gaskets had to be replaced (3 reports)
2008 Chevrolet Impala engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Impala:

2008 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Jan 092012

Impala LS 3.5L V6

Bought this certified, local, one owner, car in March 2009. It had just under 18000 miles. Felt just like the new ones we test drove and $10,000 less money. Took car for coolant leak repair at about 31,000 miles. TSB allowed new head gaskets, bolts, etc. Leaked within a week. Waited till it left a bigger spot on the floor, Nov? 2011. Got gaskets replaced on the coolant crossover pipe(s). Fine for a few DAYS.

OK, took the Impala to the dealer for the third time for the pesky coolant leaks Jan. 30 2012. This time, new head gaskets and resurfaced the heads, which should have been done or at least checked, the first time. Aluminum heads are almost never flat when removed! Right? It has never overheated or left us stranded. But if we didn't watch for spots on the floor when leaving the garage, could have had a different story, though.

It's too soon to tell how it's going to do. My wife and I like everything else about the car. We're great-grandparent age, not impressed with electronic bling and gadgets, want comfort and dependability. We were thinking about getting something different next time. Guess what, even Toyota and Ford owners have what seems to be worse problems to complain about. Any suggestions? Are there ANY good ones out there the average joe can afford?

- , Georgetown, OH, USA

Jul 132011

Impala LT 3.9L V6

I have had the head gaskets replaced 3 times while the car was under warrenty. Several emails and phone calls to GM with no responce. I feel that there is a engine problem. All I want is some assurance that the problem will be taken care of the next time there is a problem. The car now has 105K miles on it. Who says they they want to retain the customers.

- , Hudson, NH, USA

Jan 202011

Impala LS 3.5L V6

I took the car in on the 20th of Jan 2011 to have a routine oil change. I went into the waiting area at the chevrolet dealership and the service guy came in with a piece of paper and said Mr. Bates while we had your car up on the lifter changing the oil we notice your head gaskets were cracked and leaking. Ok I haven"t noticed any fluid on the ground he stated that it was not to that point yet but it was quickly getting there.

Iam so sick of buying chevy products this is my third chevy car in 8 years and something is definitely wrong with their cars bullshit ass cars they are selling at high prices and they are not worth anything after you drive off the dam lot with the. But one thing they do give you hell and leaver you stranded somewhere. Good thing it had the powertrain warranty.

- , Fairfield, AL, USA