2.4

2008 Chevrolet Impala fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Impala:

2008 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Sep 302015

Impala

I purchased a 2008 Chevy Impala ltz from a reputable certified used car dealership (merrolis Chevrolet 9 mile and gratiot). I also had a warranty. In less than two months I had a service invoice for over $1300 the car needed a airbag coil replacement (477.00) steering difficulties. Also. The converter needed replacement (877.00). This makes the car sound like it needs a new muffler. I complained to the manager in service and I'm awaiting a response 11-13-15. He was supposed to call me back on Friday 11-13-15 but did not.

- Harper Woods, MI, USA

Jun 102014

Impala 6-cyl

Was driving on busy one lane road, reduced speed, check traction control, check engine light came on and car slowed down to 45 and would not go any faster, was able to pull off of road and shut car off started about 5 minutes later no indication of the problem. Two days later the problem came back. Went to internet to check problem seems like there have been 100,000 S of these problems many resulting in accidents. It does not show that there has been a recall. This is very serious if I would have been on a freeway with trucks traveling at high speed I could have been killed. What has the vehicle safety board done to protect owners of faulty vehicles?

- Shoshone, ID, USA

May 312013

Impala 6-cyl

Out of nowhere my door lock actuators for all three passenger doors are not working neither is my trunk opening and to make it worse im sitting in my job parking lot with the A/C on waiting for my break to be over and all of a sudden my car starts blowing air from the outside inside the car and I looked at my dash and my temp level was rising to in between 1/2 and 3/4 got out check coolant was fine and everything else checked fine but now everytime I sit in my car with the engine running and my A/C on it only stays on for about 20 mins, then the A/C cut off, starts blowing hot air, and the A/C nor the recirculation will engage it blinks. And to make it worse I smell fuel on my oil dipstick and my car is drinking fuel like water someone please help me.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Mar 012013

Impala 6-cyl

While driving, fast or slow, my car will slow down abruptly and a "engine power is reduced" warning comes up on the lcd dash. This has also happened while I've been standing idle at traffic lights. I am afraid that one day my car will stop completely while I'm on the highway, resulting in a crash of some sort.

- Florissant, MO, USA

Mar 122012

Impala

I just purchased my used vehicle from a dealer less than 6 months ago. My engine light kept coming on and then it stayed on. I went to a local auto parts store to get a diagnostic reading and it said to check my emmision system. So, I took my car to the Chevy dealer in town and their diagnostic test determined that it was a bad evap vent solenoid valve. Even though my car is covered by the 8 year federal warranty on emissions, I had to pay for the new part and the diagnostics check. In looking up this problem on the internet, to my surprise it is a very common problem! apparently, the solenoid valve is a poor lasting part which needs to be replaced more than once! it is a common maintenance service that should be checked every 30,000 miles. There is no mention of this in my owner's manual. In speaking with family and friends, they have also had their engine lights come on and had gas station mechanics tell them to ignore the check engine light as it is a common occurrence with the newer vehicles and the new emmision standards. When I told Chevy that they should recall the part, they told me that they don't handle that and to report it to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. I believe the consumer is not getting all the information on this problem and someone should be held responsible for this defective part.

- Kalamazoo, MI, USA