2008 Chevrolet Impala wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Impala:

2008 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Feb 262012

Impala 6-cyl

I purchased a 2008 Impala on January 14, 2012 and the inner tires on the rear were worn almost to the metal cord. I slid off the road on February 26, 2012. When I took the car to the repair shop the front left wheel bearing was loose and also the outer tire rod on the front left was also loose. The auto repair specialist informed me that the suspension on the Impala is a common concern. I was also informed that GM recalled the 2008 Impala but only the police cars.

- West Bend, WI, USA

Jul 192010

Impala 6-cyl

In less than 30,000 miles, I've had to have wheel alignments each time I was force to replace 2 sets of rears tires on my 2008 Impala due to excessive wear. Before having to replace the first set of tire, I had the car into the dealership twice for car vibration at speeds of 50 to 65 mph. I was told the first time that all the wheels had to be re-balanced which did not make since to me. The second time I was told that nothing was found. Then the first tire failure and fortunately only at 35 mph. This first failure was at approx. 15,000 miles. One tire, but both were worn enongh that the dealer should have forewarn me before I left the dealership. The second set of the original tires moved to the rear, wore-out at approx. 28,000 miles. I have never in my 47 years of driving had tires and mulitple alignments as I've had on this car.

- Niles, OH, USA

Nov 182011

Impala 6-cyl

Premature tire wear attributed to faulty rods in the rear suspension linkage suspension defect.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Jan 262011

Impala 6-cyl

In March 2009 I purchased a 2008 Impala nice car. New tires were purchased at app 26000 mi. By previous owner. App19,000 mi later I must buy new tires. My rear tires wore down to the metal this winter. I did all the proper rotations and maintained proper inflation. I thought the tires were inferior but my tire people say its the car. I have a warranty on the car but the service dept says this problem is not covered. I need this problem addressed by someone.

- Camden, NJ, USA

Jan 062011

Driving the Impala ss on winter roads in Indiana has become a challenge with this car. Any ice or snow on the road will only allow you to drive 45 mph at the max and then the rear of the car starts to swerve back and forth as if the tires are fighting one and another for control. Contacted the local Chevy dealer and was told by the service department that it is a tire problem with the good year Eagle rs-a P235/50 R 18 and they have had a lot of complaints on no traction with these tires. Service rep stated the tires needed to be taken off and new tires put on. Not covered by the warranty. Called good year customer service told them the problem and they schedule an appointment for me. Took it to the authorized good year dealer and they called back and said the tires have half their tread left and no problems with the tires. He stated that the tire is to wide for driving in the winter time and basically floats on the ice and snow and would suggest only diving the car in the summer months. So here is the dilemma, the manufacture knows that they have had a lot of complaints with the tires (which are the original tires that are sold with the car. The tire manufacture states the tire is to wide for driving on snow or ice and I need to park it into summer gets here and if so if I drive the car in the winter, I have been warned that it is too dangerous to drive.

- Plymouth, IN, USA

Dec 302009

2008 cheverolet Impala - 3 wheel bearing put on in less than 1 year on front passenger side. This was supposed to be a certified guaranteed car, but immediately after purchasing, took to my mechanic and would not even pass inspection. Wheel bearing bad. State line auto in andover Ohio wil not even enterain fixing it for the 3rd time.

- Cochranton, PA, USA

Nov 282008

At 12K miles inside of rear tires were worn smooth. Chevrolet only acknowledges this on the 2007-2008 Impala police cars. My vehicle is a 2008 Impala ltz and it had the same exact problem.

- Crestview, FL, USA

Oct 122007

Impala 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that it is mandatory to have chains on the vehicle tires in Oregon. He stated that the inside front end of the tire does not have enough clearance between the tire and strut for a chain. The manufacturer advised him to park the vehicle when it snows. The current and failure mileages were 580. Updated 01-10-08. The consumer stated the GM representative would not allow him to change the tires or the wheel size to accommodate the chains. The consumer stated have to go over mountain passes covered with snow in the winter. Updated 12/31/07

- Klamath Falls, OR, USA