4.5

2008 Chevrolet Impala windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Impala:

2008 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Jun 032010

Impala

I drove to work at 8 am, sat in my car at lunch around noon, and when I left work at 5 pm, saw an 8-12 inch crack on the bottom driver side of my windshield. Once returning home and getting a better look at the crack, there is no sign of impact or chip from any rock. The crack is smooth and seems to stem from the edge of my windshield and there is another mark within the glass that looks like another crack may be coming. When I spoke with the dealership, one of the people tried to pass it off as a chip from a rock that spread, but there is no mark from a rock in the area and it's also very low down on the windshield-hard to believe a rock could hit at the base of my windshield and not leave a mark. I am currently in talks with Chevy and the dealership to have this matter taken care of. This is not something that I caused, but rather something with my windshield I believe as do others who have looked at the window. I have heard that there was a bulletin on the 2008 Impala's windshield indicating that stress cracks may occur.

- Munster, IN, USA