6.5

2. replace vent control module (1 reports)
  3. replaced ac/heater actuator in the dash (1 reports)
  4. taking it to the mechanic 10/14/13 (1 reports)
2009 Chevrolet Impala AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Impala:

2009 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Apr 012014

Impala LT 3.9L

IT JUST ALL OF SUDDEN STOPPED WORKING.ITS SUMMER TIME AND I'M ALLERGIC TO THE HEAT. I JUST THINK WITH ME PURCHASING A NEW USED CAR THAT I'VE ONLY HAD FOR THREE MONTHS I SHOULD NOT BE HAVING ALL THESE PROBLEMS. SO WHEN I HEARD ABOUT THE RECALL I REALIZED THAT IT WAS TOTALLY NOT MY FAULT. SO I'M HOPING WITH THE RECALL I CAN GET MY CAR REPAIRED DUE TO ALL THE PROBLEMS THAT I'M HAVING THAT ARE LISTED.

- , Sacramento, Ca, USA

Jul 032013

Impala LT 3.5L V6

I like the car but don't like all the repairs problems with it.

- , Palmyra, NE, USA

Jun 012014

Impala LT 3500 V6

The clicking noise on my 2009 Chevy Impala is very annoying, the problem started about three weeks ago and it seems to be a problem with these vehicles. I took my vehicle to my mechanic today and he suggested that I take it to a Chevrolet dealership, I believe my vehicle is out of warranty but it still has less then hundred thousand miles on it. I do believe the GM should fix this problem and make me a satisfied customer once again.

We as Americans would like to buy American-made vehicles and know that they will be reliable and dependable as possible, GM want Americans to buy the product but by God they should make a safe product that we can rely on to run and keep us safe on the roads and highways of America...

- , Raytown, MO, USA

Jul 142013

Impala LS

I have financed a 2009 Impala from a shady dealership. On the 15th day, which is the last day to take car back for full refund the noise started. It happened one day at work and I thought my car was going to blow up. I called the dealership and let them now about it, they said a lot of Impalas are known for doing this. The noise is beyond embarrassing. I took it into the dealership and they said it was one thing that did not make any sense and sent me home. I went again when the noise started going off more than once.

- , Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jul 142013

Impala LS

I have financed a 2009 Impala from a shady dealership. On the 15th day, which is the last day to take car back for full refund the noise started. It happened one day at work and I thought my car was going to blow up. I called the dealership and let them now about it they say a lot of Impalas are known for doing this. The noise is beyond embarrassing. I took it into the dealership and they said it was one thing that did not make any sense and sent me home. I went again when the noise started going off more than once. The noise was happening when I started up the car, when I move the heat nobs, when I turn the car off, when I hit the alarm and it goes off all day long even when there is no reason to. I went back to dealership where they said that the four motors had gone out. I was told they would be ordered one at a time, which was a lie. So long story short the problem never got fixed and I am still dealing with this annoying loud clicking noise. Somebody help!!!!!!!

- , Phoenix, AZ, USA

Sep 272013

Impala LTZ V6

It really bothers me that I have this beautiful piece of crap that has all these issues pop up right when I am about to own it. My 2000 Chevy Malibu may look like crap but it sure isnt popping when I'm driving around like this Impala does. Its very embarrassing.

- , Tupelo, MS, USA

Jul 012013

Impala LTZ

actuator under dash knocking when i use my key fob

Every time i hit my unlock button on my key FOB the knocking noise starts under my dash. It will last about a minute. If i go from AC to Defrost it starts again & last about a minute. Very annoying. If it is the vent actuator why does it do it when i unlock or open a door.

- , New Bern, NC, USA

Oct 062010

Impala LS 3.5L V6 Flexfuel

First problem for this car that I had got in April, 2010. Not that angry, but it did take over 3 hours at the local chevy dealer to diagnose and repair. I hope all is well from here on.

- , Philadelphia, PA, USA