2009 Chevrolet Impala AC / heater problems: clicking noise in the dash

Clicking Noise In The Dash

2009 Chevrolet Impala

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.

6.2

2. replaced ac/heater actuator in the dash (3 reports)
  3. replace vent control module (1 reports)
  4. taking it to the mechanic 10/14/13 (1 reports)
2009 Chevrolet Impala AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Impala:

2009 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Aug 272014

Impala LTZ 3.9L

The tapping noise in the dash comes and goes , open door noise, starts, lasts less than a minute, has been making this noise for 6 days and counting, have not been to the dealer, yet, hope warranty covers this. Makes this noise all by itself.

- , Sylva, N.C, USA

Jun 072013

Impala 2G1WT57K191237922 V6

The clicking in the dash started all at once. It clicked when the air conditioner was on and even for a minute or so after I turned it off. It got worse the next day, clicking all the time. We put it in the shop at the dealership on Monday and they replaced an actuator ($350.00). On Thursday of the same week, it started again. Since we were going to Florida from Tennessee on vacation, we went anyway. You could walk by the car in the parking lot and hear the clicking even though no one had been in it. When we got back 9 days later, we took it back to the dealership and they said they replaced another actuator ($350.00 again).

I gave the dealership a really bad review online and since we had bought 4 vehicle from them they reimbursed the last $350.00 saying they should have fixed it right the first time.

- , Nashville, TN, USA

Jul 222014

Impala LT 3.5L V6

I own a 2009 Impala and the problem I have is the Clicking noise behind the dash board. Seems like everyone with a Impala has the same problem. I really think GMC should do a recall for this. In order to get the problem fixed you have to take it to the dealer, it this is very expensive to have repaired.

The noise is unbearable, I am ready to trade my car in and never again purchase anything made by GMC. It sounds like car is about to blow up and the noise is very embarrassing, just like there is a wood pecker under my hood. To keep happy customers I think this should be put in to consideration.

- , Houston, TX, USA

Apr 012014

Impala LT 3.9L

IT JUST ALL OF SUDDEN STOPPED WORKING.ITS SUMMER TIME AND I'M ALLERGIC TO THE HEAT. I JUST THINK WITH ME PURCHASING A NEW USED CAR THAT I'VE ONLY HAD FOR THREE MONTHS I SHOULD NOT BE HAVING ALL THESE PROBLEMS. SO WHEN I HEARD ABOUT THE RECALL I REALIZED THAT IT WAS TOTALLY NOT MY FAULT. SO I'M HOPING WITH THE RECALL I CAN GET MY CAR REPAIRED DUE TO ALL THE PROBLEMS THAT I'M HAVING THAT ARE LISTED.

- , Sacramento, Ca, USA

Jul 032013

Impala LT 3.5L V6

I like the car but don't like all the repairs problems with it.

- , Palmyra, NE, USA

Jun 012014

Impala LT 3500 V6

The clicking noise on my 2009 Chevy Impala is very annoying, the problem started about three weeks ago and it seems to be a problem with these vehicles. I took my vehicle to my mechanic today and he suggested that I take it to a Chevrolet dealership, I believe my vehicle is out of warranty but it still has less then hundred thousand miles on it. I do believe the GM should fix this problem and make me a satisfied customer once again.

We as Americans would like to buy American-made vehicles and know that they will be reliable and dependable as possible, GM want Americans to buy the product but by God they should make a safe product that we can rely on to run and keep us safe on the roads and highways of America...

- , Raytown, MO, USA

Jul 142013

Impala LS

I have financed a 2009 Impala from a shady dealership. On the 15th day, which is the last day to take car back for full refund the noise started. It happened one day at work and I thought my car was going to blow up. I called the dealership and let them now about it, they said a lot of Impalas are known for doing this. The noise is beyond embarrassing. I took it into the dealership and they said it was one thing that did not make any sense and sent me home. I went again when the noise started going off more than once.

- , Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jul 142013

Impala LS

I have financed a 2009 Impala from a shady dealership. On the 15th day, which is the last day to take car back for full refund the noise started. It happened one day at work and I thought my car was going to blow up. I called the dealership and let them now about it they say a lot of Impalas are known for doing this. The noise is beyond embarrassing. I took it into the dealership and they said it was one thing that did not make any sense and sent me home. I went again when the noise started going off more than once. The noise was happening when I started up the car, when I move the heat nobs, when I turn the car off, when I hit the alarm and it goes off all day long even when there is no reason to. I went back to dealership where they said that the four motors had gone out. I was told they would be ordered one at a time, which was a lie. So long story short the problem never got fixed and I am still dealing with this annoying loud clicking noise. Somebody help!!!!!!!

- , Phoenix, AZ, USA

Sep 272013

Impala LTZ V6

It really bothers me that I have this beautiful piece of crap that has all these issues pop up right when I am about to own it. My 2000 Chevy Malibu may look like crap but it sure isnt popping when I'm driving around like this Impala does. Its very embarrassing.

- , Tupelo, MS, USA

Jul 012013

Impala LTZ

actuator under dash knocking when i use my key fob

Every time i hit my unlock button on my key FOB the knocking noise starts under my dash. It will last about a minute. If i go from AC to Defrost it starts again & last about a minute. Very annoying. If it is the vent actuator why does it do it when i unlock or open a door.

- , New Bern, NC, USA

Oct 062010

Impala LS 3.5L V6 Flexfuel

First problem for this car that I had got in April, 2010. Not that angry, but it did take over 3 hours at the local chevy dealer to diagnose and repair. I hope all is well from here on.

- , Philadelphia, PA, USA