3.7

2010 Chevrolet Impala seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Impala:

2010 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Jul 022013

Impala

The air bag indicator light comes on sporadically. Recently it has come on and stayed on for about 2 months then turned off for a couple of days, then came back on.

- Cartersville, GA, USA

Oct 012011

Impala 6-cyl

I have not been in any accidents but the service airbag lights started staying on. When I am operating the vehicle, sometimes the light will turn off and sometimes it does not. In addition, I have had instances where multiple lights will come on and the engine's power is reduced by 50% according to the indicator. I have taken the car to the dealership and had the lights "reset". but this latest problem with the airbags has me rattled. I really do not feel that I should have to pay $1500 or more to get new airbags when the car has not been in an accident and I cannot afford a new car.

- Martin, TN, USA

May 282013

Impala 6-cyl

I have a 2010 Chevy Impala that has a service air bags message on the dic message console. From what I have read online this is a definite safety hazard because the air bags may not work in an accident. The car is now out of warranty so I think this should have a recall since it is a major safety issue.

- Douglas, MA, USA

Aug 222012

Impala 6-cyl

Service air bag displayed in information display along with red illuminated symbol of air bag would come and go on and off every time its driven.took vehicle to dealer 9/10/2012 with light and warning on when parked in service lane and they informed me no problem found, no codes stored.

- Rainbow City, AL, USA