2010 Chevrolet Impala seat belts / air bags NHTSA complaints: Air Bags

NHTSA — Air Bags Problems

2010 Chevrolet Impala (Page 1 of 2)

2010 Chevrolet Impala seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Impala:

2010 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Dec 052011

Impala

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that the check engine and stability control warning lights illuminated. The contact mentioned that the vehicle hesitated to accelerate. The contact would have to restart the vehicle in order for it to resume normal operation. In addition, the air bag warning light would illuminate sporadically. The vehicle had not been diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000.

- Bensenville, IL, USA

Oct 082014

Impala

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that the service air bag warning indicator was illuminated. The problem occurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to dealer. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was unknown.

- Douglasville , GA, USA

Jun 092014

Impala

The contact owned a 2010 Chevrolet Impala. While driving approximately 40 mph, the vehicle suddenly shut off causing the driver to lose control and crash the vehicle into a field before flipping into a river. During the incident, the brakes and power steering would not operate and the air bags did not deploy. The vehicle was destroyed during the crash and a police report was filed. The driver suffered bruises to the right arm, right hand, neck, and left knee during the incident. The driver received medical attention. A representative for the manufacturer examined the vehicle but was unable to determine the cause of the failure. The failure mileage was 42,000.

- Sheffield , MA, USA

Aug 172014

Impala

While driving at night speed 55 mph all the instrument gauges went to zero nothing was registering at all this happened several times while driving. It happened several times after that for the next 2 months. Then it would not start. Had to tow to dealer.

- Upper Marlboro, MD, USA

Oct 242011

Impala

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that the air bag warning light was illuminated. Also, the contact mentioned that the vehicle was repaired under NHTSA campaign number: 14V355000 (electrical system). However, the remedy failed to repair the ignition switch which was malfunctioning. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 34,000.

- Chula Vista , CA, USA

Oct 032014

Impala

While driving with a passenger in the front seat, the passenger airbag would switch off for no reason without the passenger moving. This happened a number of times over about a week. Then on Friday October 3rd, 2014 it happened again and this time right after it happened all the gauges dropped including fuel, mph, RPM, etc... so I pulled into a parking lot and before I was able to stop, the computer module in the car died as well as the engine. I ended up hitting a light post in the parking lot while avoiding a pedestrian. The car has since ceased to start at all. Luckily no one was hurt but this car was clearly not safe. I consider myself very lucky.

- Greenfield, MA, USA

Nov 042013

Impala

While driving the vehicle, my 17 year old son informed me that the service air bag light came on. I took it to a Chevrolet dealership near my town. They ran tests all day to say that a connection in the right side of the front passenger seat and a terminal needed to be replaced ($264). Before getting home, which is about 10 miles from the dealership, the light came back on. Call the dealership and returned car. This time they tell me that the seat belt pretensioner needs to be replaced ($215). I felt I was being given the run around so I did not get it repaired there. Six months later the light comes back on. I take it to a Honda dealership thinking they have better quality cars and they test it. They say that it's something else in the seat and that it will be approximately $700 to repair. I contact GM to see if there is a recall or something that can be done. They state no recall and that if it's not repaired by certified GM dealership, if it is later recalled I will not be refunded. I take it to certified GM dealer and they say they don't find anything because the system has been reset. Last week, after the light staying on continously I take it to the certified GM dealership. They run diagnostics and tell me that it's the seat belt pretensioner. After paying approximately $325 and them keeping my car for a week, I receive the car back and 35 miles later the light reappears. I am definitely sick of this car and think GM is aware of this problem but they don't want to fix it because of all the other recalls they are having. I have spent over $700 to no avail. My next car will definitely not be anything GM! calling GM is a waste of time because they act as if my call is a burden to them.

- Skipwith, VA, USA

Sep 202014

Impala

Car was hit on front drivers corner and front end. Car shut off and no air bags deployed.

- Sweetwater, TN, USA

Sep 092014

Impala

The gauges on the dashboard fail during driving. The passenger airbags turn on and off during driving. The tire pressure monitoring and fuel gauge warning comes on during driving even though fuel and air are fine. Sometimes at 0mph the gauge will be stuck at prior speed. Gauges fail when passenger airbag turns off. Incidents occur seemingly only when a passenger is present, when passenger airbag is turned on.

- Greenfield, MA, USA

Sep 052014

Impala

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled several times and the brake pedal traveled to the floor when the brakes were engaged. The ABS and the air bag warning indicators illuminated intermittently. While traveling 60 mph, the vehicle failed to stop when the brakes were engaged. The failure caused the vehicle to crash into the rear of another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed and no injuries were reported. The vehicle was repaired by an independent mechanic, but the failure recurred. The contact was later informed of NHTSA campaign number: 14V355000 (electrical system); however, the parts needed for the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000.

- Columbia, SC, USA

Sep 042014

Impala

I was driving down the street and suddenly I heard a popping sound and I noticed the car wasn't accelerating normally so I made it to my destination and I started the car up went to put it in drive and it wouldn't accelerate is was though the car was in neutral so I put it in reverse and it went into reverse put it 3rd gear wouldn't accelerate the I tried 2cd gear and it drove kind of ruff so I then tried 1st gear and and I was able to make it home at 15 mph so I took the car to the Chevy dealer I bought it from and to my surprise they say there were some defective parts in the transmission and they could rebuild the transmission for 2100 dollars and I would have to pay 850 to have it fixed because my car is out of warranty as 7/23/14 the car has the airbag service light and tire sensor light that appears on the dashboard.

- Chicago , IL, USA

Aug 282014

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jun 022014

Impala

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that the air bag warning light continuously illuminated. The contact received NHTSA campaign number: 14V355000 (electrical system) and stated that the part was not available. The dealer stated that the air bags might not deploy if the vehicle was involved in a crash and was uncertain when the part would become available. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 82,000.

- Gumspring, VA, USA

Aug 242014

Impala

Concern for my safety and the safety of my family. Attn: Jim moloney

- Winston-Salem, NC, USA

Apr 222013

Impala

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated the service air bag light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician was not able to duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 25,000 and the current mileage was 58,316.

- Omaha , NE, USA

Jul 192014

Impala

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Impala. The contact's vehicle was rear ended, causing it to crash into another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed and no injuries were reported. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V355000 (electrical system). The speed was unknown. The failure mileage was 65,000. Updated 10/07/14

- Inglewood, CA, USA

Sep 262013

Impala

TL * the contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Impala. The contact crashed the vehicle into a guard rail and the air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained injuries and required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The speed and VIN were unavailable. The failure mileage was 11,000.

- Xenia, OH, USA

Nov 262013

Impala

While driving on an sharp incline I needed to apply my breaks to successfully decrease speed (65 to 45). After completing this action a service message appeared on my dash board, "service air bag". this message has been displayed several times since then, generally after applying my breaks suddenly or any time I decrease from a speed over 60. I contacted my dealership asking if there was a issue. I was told to have my computer reset but that seems to temporarily fix my issues.

- Louisville, TN, USA

Jun 092014

Impala 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that while driving 40 mph, the vehicle suddenly accelerated, the steering wheel and brakes were unresponsive. The contact mentioned that the driver lost control of the vehicle causing it to roll over into a river. The air bags failed to deploy. The vehicle was destroyed. A police report was filed. The driver sustained lacerations and bruising. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 40,445. Updated 10/7/14

- Sheffield, MA, USA

Jun 162014

Impala

Goodmorning I just would like to say this is my second vehicle from Chevy but this vehical has really placed me in a bad bind. First the airbag light comes on and off for the passed month, next the key becomes stuck in the ignition then it went out had to replace that. Traction control light comeson comes over board with message saying, " engine power is reduced then message states car shuting down " in the middle of driving. This last time I had my new born grandbaby in the car driving on expressway going 60speed limit car just shut offcars flying pass me I was really terrified for my safty and my grand child. This has occured off and on since last year. Last yeat I had taken it back to all star Chevy in miss.they stated they couldn't find anything cost me a good penny when they stated that the warrenty was out. Now the car will not start. I have been replacing alot of electrical issues with this car for the last year but this time is the last time my grand baby and myself could have lost our life" now no car to get back and forth to work I have been really patient with Chevy with this car I still have all my reciepts from aaa fixing this car I refused to spend any more money on this car. I need toknow if this compay will help me because a 2010 should not have this much problem.

- Memphis, TN, USA