2010 Chevrolet Impala suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Impala:

2010 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Jul 062016

- Jackson, MI, USA

Dec 162015

I have had 3 special coverage orders letters in the pass year on my car. !. stabilitrak light tc. 2.harnessthrottle body. 3. ignition key.I'm also having problem with my suspension.and power steering.I call GM and have taken my car in for by GM require and the services repair men said they couldn't find no codes on their scann.

- Woodland Park, NJ, USA

Jul 312013

Excessive inside rear tire tread ware and hydroplaning in rain at 65 miles an hour. Had car alignment repaired by moving and redrilling holes for rear struts. Also had to replace my second set of tires. This was all at my expense because GM would not acknowledge manufacturing defect. I had serious hydroplaning just prior to this. In fact it was the hydroplaning that caused me to visit the dealer. Now some 7 months later the same problem continues and I have worn out the inside tread of 2 new rear tires.

- Centerville, OH, USA

Nov 262013

Impala 6-cyl

While driving on an sharp incline I needed to apply my brakes to successfully decrease speed (65 to 45). After completing this action a service message appeared on my dash board, "service air bag". this message has been displayed several times since then, generally after applying my brakes suddenly or any time I decrease from a speed over 60. I contacted my dealership asking if there was a issue. I was told to have my computer reset but that seems to temporarily fix my issues.

- Louisville, TN, USA

Nov 072013

I have not had an accident yet, but I continue to have an issue with the control arm. I have received numerous letters from my insurance company regarding this issue but none from GM. The only correspondence I have received is the recall regarding the seat belt. It is my understanding that a broken control arm can result in a collision/fatality. I am a mother of four and this is my only vehicle. I have called GM customer service twice and I am told that my car is not under this recall. I am not understanding why. I would like this issue to be repaired free of charge.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Apr 012013

I own a 2010 Chevrolet Impala. I have had my housing gear replaced and other suspension items in the last year. Since my last major job (housing gear), the car has been making a click when turning the wheel and when going up hill. When the car is going uphill and shifting gears it make a click/pop sound. I have taken my car to the Chevy dealer and they constantly act as though they can not hear the sound, which makes it so easy for them to not repair. I have taken my car in for this over 5 times and leave with the problem still being. On two of those occasions they found other issues which resulted in the warranty paying for the problems. My warranty includes a $100 deductible. So I have paid a deductible to get one problem fixed and it has not been repaired to date. I am truly frustartaed, as I am not a mechanic and need my car fixed. I drive a toddler around daily. I feel insecure with my cars driveability. My car needs to be fixed.

- Waldorf, MD, USA

Oct 222010

Impala 6-cyl

I had purchased a 2010 Chevrolet Impala in July, 2010. The first attempt at repair of the front end vibration was on 10/22/2010. The dealership did not recognize the vibration. The vehicle tires were rotated on 01/26/11 in an attempt to stop the vibration in the front end. The vehicle was taken in on 03/18/11 for front end noise (thump) while turning the wheels. The vehicle was taken in on 07/07/11 for the thumping noise in the front end while turning the wheels. The vehicle was taken in on 07/28/11 for a front end thumping noise when turning the wheels. The vehicle was taken in on 08/16/11 for a front end thumping noise and the dealership notices the tires were wearing slightly cupped on the inside edge. The vehicle was taken in on 09/08/11 for a whining noise from the engine bay and power steering fluid was flushed. The vehicle was taken in on 04/09/12 for front end thumping noise, wheel bearing, transmission surge, and whine noise from radio. The vehicle was taken in on 06/27/12 for rough idle, tire replacement, transmission. The vehicle was taken in on 07/27/12 for rough idle, transmission surge, thump noise in front end and whine noise in radio. The vehicle was taken in on 10/05/12 for transmission surge, rough idle, thump noise in front end, and whine noise in radio. The outcome at this point is the dealership tried to reprogram the vehicle, GM approved replacement of all four tires, a replacement of the power steering pump, wheel bearing on driver front side. The dealerships have done two throttle body cleanings. The dealership has stated they will replace the rotors but GM would not approve replacement only turning on the rotors. This case has been opened with the better business bureau whom advised me to contact NHTSA. GM refuses to replace parts because their computer system cannot tell them what is wrong with the vehicle. GM has recalled the police vehicles for front end suspension and has a lawsuit pending in Michigan for personal vehicle.

- Herrin, IL, USA

Aug 272011

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that while attempting to accelerate the transmission slip. The vehicle was taken to a dealer who was unable to diagnose the failure. In addition, the contact mentioned that he believed that the rack and pinion, and the front struts were faulty as well. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 28,000 and the current mileage was 43,000.

- Brunswick, ME, USA

Jun 242012

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Impala. While driving approximately 35 mph the front end of the vehicle began to vibrate. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing where the technician stated that a front end alignment was needed. There was a recall under NHTSA campaign id number: 12V377000 (suspension:front:control arm:lower arm) in which the contact believed was related to the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 33,000.

- East Bridgewater, MA, USA

Oct 312010

Impala 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that she believed that the accelerator pedal and brake pedal were too close together and she depressed them both at the same time. The contact felt that the parking brake release was too high up. The contact sent a letter to the manufacturer who advised her to take the vehicle to an authorized dealer. The failure mileage was 37,500. Updated 01/24/11 the consumer stated on three occasions she accidentally hit the gas pedal instead of the brake pedal. Updated evoq 01/27/11 updated 03/22/11 the consumer stated the head rest obstructs the driver's view when backing out of a parking space. Also, when driving down a small incline to enter a small street, the front under carriage of the vehicle scrapped the street. The platform for the foot rest on the driver; side for the left foot caused the consumer to experience foot cramps as her ankle was in a flex position as there was not enough space. Updated 05/17/11 the consumer stated vehicle pulled to the right. The dealer informed the consumer there were two different typed of tires on the vehicle, which was causing the vehicle to pull to the right. The consumer. The consumer took the vehicle to another establishment where they informed her, the odometer had been rolled back 2500 miles. Updated 09/20/11

- Tulsa, OK, USA