2011 Chevrolet Impala brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Impala:

2011 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Oct 112016

Impala

When starting from a stop the car jerks as if the transmission is trying to catch up and it feels like you've been hit from behind. It's an on and off problem but it happens in the rain and is dangerous the dealer changed the trans oil and it still does it. Next the car goes into "reduced engine power" and "service stabilitrak" while driving and will not let me finish my highway drive safely, no one at the dealer can help with this except to say it will cast a lot of money to fix. Headlights constantly burn out and I bought expensive lights last time and one is already burnt out. I have only 1 payment left and the car is ready for the junkyard, you would think after $28000 it would last a little longer. What happened to GM??

- Elmwood Park, IL, USA

Oct 062016

Impala

While driving the car I came up to a red light it started shaking then a message came up that said service stabilitrack after it turn off and wouldn't turn back on I had to push it out of the main St to avoid getting hit or causing an accident I ended up getting it towed to my house called a mechanic to look at it and he says it might be my motor so I called the Chevy dealer in lakewood and they told me my warranty was up last year so they say they could not do nothing for me I have to fix it out of my pocket this car had already too much problems from the start my transmission broke also under 60000 miles luckily is was covered by warranty but now I got no car no money and I'm still paying for the car I got about 2 yrs left to finish it and it didn't even get to 100000 miles I got played on buying this car all my hard work money is being taken for them selling me a problematic car I spoke to General Motors and all they said they have to talk to a senior advisor it's become dangerous to even drive this car because when something happens to it it stops were ever now I have a family kids I don't feel safe driving this car no more I need to know what could be done to fix this problem if not I have to proceed with legal matters and also get a class action lawsuit started cause theirs many people with similar problems and the same car.

- Paramount, CA, USA

Aug 122016

Impala

Driving my car the stabil track needs repaired then traction center then reducing engine power.I was getting off the highway when the notice started.

- Bixby, OK, USA

Jul 262016

Impala

My car all of a sudden beeped and 3 warnings came up saying "engine power reduced","service traction control" and "service stabilitrak" 2 images came on as well the engine light and the traction one. The car seemed to be running fine I was almost home. But it scared me since all those lights were flashing. Especially the engine power reducing. Reading all these stories I feel lucky that my car did not stop on me. I remembered id received a letter that was not a recall but mentioned to take in if you had any issues with this and should be covered or refunded if fixed in the past. I found it called GM and have an appt in 2 weeks which worries me hope nothing happens between then. The bad and good thing is that now all the lights have come off. Hoping they are still able to fix it and I am not having to pay anything for it. I feel like this is very dangerous and should be a recall.

- Del Valle, TX, USA

Jun 202016

Impala

Takata recall this issue is this: I bought the car in December 2015 first my engen light comes on, than my traction controle light, than my car tells me to service traction controle, engen power is reduced, service stabil track, the engen cuts I loose power steering, and I have to pull over for 15 min waiting for the car to reboot. I have had the car to the GM shop every 2500-3000 miles. The shop replaced all the factory covered parts and now will start guessing. The first fix is replacing some wires that another shop replaced in an attempt to fix this same problem. No one will fix this death trap. I will not drive it.

- Somerset, WI, USA

May 072016

Impala

My car just reached 79,000 miles and I was driving when my car cut off in the middle of traffic! this happened twice in the same drive. It immediately started back up but then the check engine light came on along with a stabilitrak error message. Then a message saying engine power is reduced. Now the car's engine is making a terrible noise and is having problems accelerating without making a loud sound like air trying to blow through a pinhole. The Chevy service department I took it to wants almost $700 just to take it apart to see what it wrong with it, which doesn't include the possible amount for repair. And they did not look at any of the technical service bulletins like requested! now they are saying my car is not able to be driven at all. I went online and started to research these issues and found that there has been a lot of complaints about these exact issues most even the same year. There is no reason that a car with 79000 miles should have engine problems. I owned a 2003 Impala prior to this one and had almost 125000 miles before I purchased this 2011. There are way too many complaints going on with this car for it not to be recalled.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

May 262016

Impala

Driving down the highway the car shook and jerked then the engine power reduced, service stabilitrack, and service traction control showed up on my dashboard. The check engine light came on and so did the traction light and they stayed on. The RPM meter is averaging between 3 and 4 when it usually averages between 1 and 2. also, the speed has been reduced.

- Attleboro, MA, USA

May 232016

Impala

While driving down the highway, my car shut down. This was very dangerous. I pulled over on the shoulder and every light was on stating engine power reducing. I have had this same part replaced twice in 1.5 years and there is something serious wrong with the Impala.

- Gulfport, MS, USA

May 192016

Impala

My car just reached 50,000 miles and I was driving down the highway when my check engine light came on along with a stabilitrak error message. Then a message saying engine power is reduced. I bought this car brand new! I went online and started to research these issues and found that there has been a lot of complaints about these exact issues most even the same year.

- Fowlerville, MI, USA

May 062016

Impala

On my way to work, I was making a next turn at a light when my car all of a sudden shut off and then turned back on twice in a matter of 15 seconds. This is very dangerous, if it wasn't for the very attentive drivers, I could've been rammed!!! the second incident was after I got off of work. My car was in a parking garage when this happened. I tried starting my car and it wouldn't start. I tried a second time and it started but the engine was revving really hard, like I was about to speed off or something. I turned the car off again and started it again for the third time and "service stabilitrak, service traction control, and reduced engine power" all come up on the service screen. After reading multiple forums online with hundreds of complaints about this. I was scared to drive home. I drove at about 40 mph all the way home (my job is a 25-30 min commute) and fortunately I didn't get stranded and my car didn't turn off in the middle of driving like some folk have experienced. GM needs to address this problem. Why isnt there a recall yet?!

- Alexandria, VA, USA

May 022016

Impala

Got a message on my dash a few months ago about "service traction control" while driving. Traction control light lit up also. Parked car and turned car off then on...message gone. Took it into service...showed no error codes. Today (5/2/16), it did it again with the traction control light and the check engine light simultaneously lighting up. "service stabilitrak", service traction control", and "engine power is recuded" are the messages I got today along with the check engine light and the traction control light being on. I had just gotten off the highway so I wasn't going fast when this happened. I was close to work so I parked it at work. Turned the car off then on again and the messages were gone and traction control light was off but check engine light stayed on. Turned car on again at lunch 1.5 hours later and the check engine light is off now so I doubt anyone will be able to diagnose or fix anything today. Taking it to service to see if it threw any error codes a little later today. I've researched this issue and found that this has happened to a lot of people while on the highway. If it happens to me and I'm in an accident because of this, I will sue the S* out of GM. I have two small children and if any of us gets hurt or killed, there will be H* to pay. This issue should absolutely be recalled. It is not due to my key/ignition issue. Already handled that recall. Losing power in the middle of the highway randomly is absolutely dangerous and I'm now very afraid to drive this vehicle. Will never buy another Impala again.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Apr 292016

Impala

Vehicle slowed on highway, reduced engine power warning message and stabilitrak meassage displayed also engine indicator light is on.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Apr 282016

Impala

While driving the traction control, stabilizer, engine power warning all come on and the check engine light comes on and sometimes the engine turns off. Pull off road, will not start then minutes later it starts. Check engine light stays on. After multiple starts the check engine light goes out. I have read multiple complaints about this, yet the nothing is being done. To repair this problem. The effects of this is the same as the ignition turning off. Pending on traffic. This could be deadly. This has happened alot.

- Pinconning, MI, USA

Mar 202016

Impala

In the right rear section of car there is a rattle all the time.

- Akron, OH, USA

Mar 062016

Impala

I begin noticing issues when taking off from a complete stop where the vehicle would lunge forward like it couldn't shift into first gear. I had that checked and nothing showed as an issue, so the mechanic said it had to be electrical. This weekend I am driving it and after 25 minutes in the car the check engine light comes on, as does the notice that my engine power has been reduced, and to service the stability traction control system. I was coming to a stop light when it came on and I pulled off to turn off the car and restart it as that would work when it failed before to reset the system. It didn't reset and I had to drive it with reduced power the rest of the way to my destination. I had this fixed a couple years ago. I did get a notice from GM about the issue and the ability to be reimbursed or getting it fixed if there was a current issue and I was able to get reimbursed for it. Now it is happening again, but my mileage is too high to get it fixed under this repair notice because the letter says that the mileage coverage is only up to 120,000. If this is a known issue and I have already dealt with it before, why should I have to pay for it to continually fail when it has nothing to do with normal wear and tear, which I would have no issue fixing as a part of maintaining the vehicle?! this should be something that GM would fix every time it goes out because it is clear the issue is a malfunction of the overall system and not linked to anything that the driver does or doesn't do to maintain the vehicle properly. In addition what if it has to be replaced multiple times as is the case with mine. I have always been a devoted GM customer, but honestly I am not sure I will ever buy another GM after this issue. It is unsafe and provides anxiety when driving, because it might fail at the worst time and could need fixed again even if I fix it this time.

- Oxford, IN, USA

Mar 022016

Impala

Started seeing error message this morning on start up of the car: Engine power reduced service traction control service stabiltrak experienced reduced engine power, traction light on, engine light

- Maplewood, MN, USA

Jan 312016

Impala

January 31,2016 I was driving at a speed of 55mph all of a sudden my car speed gave three stalled jerks I immediately put on me emergency flashers because two other vehicles were behind me. From that point on I drove at a much slower speed; wasn't sure if my car was going to cut off in the middle of traffic or not. It was scary because this could have been a terrible accident. The traction stability -service light came on. My car was serviced for this very thing April 2015. Why I am having this same problem?

- Coats, NC, USA

Sep 042015

Impala

I turn on the vehicle and then it shut off...like the ignition switch is faulty...then the stabilitrak comes on..I have to turn the key over slowly so it won't hesitate to turn on or shirt off

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Sep 252014

Impala

July 2015, "service stabitrac, losing power" lights came on. Took to local dealer and spent $600 for repairs. September 2015, same problems, took for repairs - no charge. Less than 2 days later the error code is back. Dealer has no clue on problem remedy. When the lights come on, acceleration is affected.

- Danielsville, GA, USA

Aug 012014

Impala

My son while driving highway speeds 60-70mph, the car display would say "reduced power" followed by "service stabillatrac", "service traction control". shutting car down at highway speeds. Shut car off for 5-10 minutes and would B fine for a week, a month, six months!!! this has been going on intermittently for over a year!! car not under warranty and cannot afford to take to dealer every time it happens, needless to say no one drives it but me. Have not taking to dealer because research online and nothing seems to be a sure fix!! other people are replacing throttlebody, S, gas pedals, gas caps, ABS sensors, various wiring harnesses, batteries, grounds, computers without any of them being a sure fix. Someone will or may have already been killed by this malfunction and unfortunately did not live to say the car did this!!!! I know from reading online forums and the such that this seems to be a very common occurance on multiple years of this model!! all of this on top of a $2 key switch fix that took how many to die before anything was done!!!

- Canonsburg, PA, USA