3.3

2011 Chevrolet Impala suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Impala:

2011 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Mar 202016

Impala

In the right rear section of car there is a rattle all the time.

- Akron, OH, USA

May 132015

Impala

I have a 2011 Chevy Impala and during an inspection found out that the clunk I started hearing 2 weeks ago was due to a front aluminum sub-frame control arm mount that broke. The car had a safety recall on it (recall 12V377) for front control arms, which were replaced, but the new control arms are defective also, causing them to become misaligned inside the sub-frame control arm mounts, which subsequently rubbed and wore the aluminum sub-frame control arm mounts to the point where it broke. I do have pictures of this. The front bushing is a vertical bushing design from GM that has been noted for a very high and repeated failure rate, not just on the w-body cars but also on many delta platform cars such as Chevy cobalt and HHR, Pontiac G5, Saturn ion. I contacted Chevy and they refuse to listen to it, even tho this car only has 78K miles on it, and is only 4 years 1 month old, they declined warranty. It is very dangerous as the entire wheel control arm mounts broke away from the rest of the frame. And it is due to the second set of defective controls arms in just 78K miles. Any Impala owner should go check this immediately as it can be a deadly defect that GM is declining to know about. It also affects other GM 2006 and newer w-body cars: Pontiac Grand Prix, Buick lacrosse, Chevy Impala and Monte Carlo. The issue is, this type of bushing used by GM for many years on many models is known to have very high failure, and with steel control arm mounts, it didn't damage the mounts/sub-frame unless left for a very long time, but now with the aluminum sub-frame, when the bushing goes bad, the outer steel part of the bushing wears away into the soft aluminum control arm mount on the sub-frame very quickly, and may go unnoticed by the driver until it breaks, which can cause loss of control of the vehicle, which may lead to a crash, causing bodily harm or even a fatality.

- Bourbonnais, IL, USA

Feb 172015

Impala 6-cyl

I made an appointment with the Chevy dealer after receiving the recall notice. When we took the car in as instructed, we were told they did not have time. But they did have time to try to sell us some services from them. What is the companies responsibility to fix our car?

- Fargo, ND, USA

Jan 012015

Impala 6-cyl

2011 Chevrolet Impala. Consumer writes in regards to GM recall 14299 and 12104. The consumer learned of the ignition switch and lower control arm recall. However, the dealer stated they would only address the ignition switch recall, because they had not been notified of any other recalls or problems with the suspension. The consumer stated from time to time, when she turned the steering wheel to the left or right, there was a noise similar to the tire rubbing the fender.

- Union, KY, USA

Nov 192014

Impala 6-cyl

In October I took my car to sandy sansing in pensacola fl the replace the keypad to my car, but now when you use the keypad it start to ticking on the right side of the dashboard we time it. The ticking last about 60 seconds and then it stop when ever you use the key pad to lock or unlock the car it make that ticking sound. It there any thing they can do to fix this.

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Sep 092013

Suspension problem

- Inglewood, CA, USA

Aug 212013

Impala 6-cyl

We purchased the Impala in April of 2013 with 35,408 miles on the clock, we drove it around town then we took it on a trip to California from las vegas a few months later, when we where on the way to California on a not so steep downgrade we hit the brakes at about 70mph to slow down the steering wheel shook violently side to side like the famous 'death wobble' but we only slowed to about 60mph. On the way back it did it again this time went from 70 to 67 mph, we took it to the dealer and they said my rotors needed to be turned and gave me the dealer cold shoulder.. I replaced the front rotors and all 4 new tires as of today and it still doing it, went back to the dealer and same thing, this car is unsafe to drive over 50mph but the dealer does not care and is out of warranty... I will never buy a GM product ever as long as I live. I took video of the shaking from 70 to 67mph I will post it on youtube. This car is certified too not that it mean anything to anyone.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA