2012 Chevrolet Impala engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chevrolet Impala:

2012 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 202012

Impala 6-cyl

I have noticed when taking off from a stand still the RPM are high and the engine is very loud and noisy. It seems as I am driving with a V-8 or even a diesel engine. I am sure GM has been notified of this as well as some of the other complaints I have reviewed has stated the same thing. Something needs to be done about the idling of the rpms when your just taking off at a normal speed and the reduction of the engine noise as well. My 2002 Impala with 136K miles on it sounded better than this and it needed some work done to it. I thought I would at least get the best quality from upgrading to something more up to date but was very disappointed. If your going to pay good money for a vehicle you should have a decent car that doesn't sound like a piece of crap. Can GM get it to where it is running as good as it looks?

- Phoenix , AZ, USA

Jun 112012

Impala 6-cyl

Vehicle started via normal key ignition. After high idling stops for warm up, vehicle starts to have odometer needle move from 500 RPM to 1000 RPM for a steady 5 to ten minutes. In addition, event occurs frequently at long stops even after car warm. Usually, RPM may steady at about 750 or so a normal RPM setting for this vehicle. Took vehicle to dealer who kept it for a week. No correction made. Dealer state waiting to hear from manufacturer. Vehicle still have problem having needle flutter between the RPM mentioned causing undue distress to engine components. Please assist.

- Littleton, CO, USA

Nov 252011

Impala 6-cyl

Engine makes a knocking noise while accelerating. I drove another one and the noise was even worse, that one had 15000 miles on it. This seems to be a common problem with them all. I am very unhappy with this car. I don't enjoy hearing all this noise from a new car. (now has 6000 miles on it) if I can't resolve this problem it will be the last GM car I ever buy. The dealer had me drive another new 2012 Impala when I mentioned the noise, it also sounded the same. GM definitely didn't address this problem before production.

- Duluth, MN, USA