5.9

2012 Chevrolet Impala miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chevrolet Impala:

2012 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Aug 012016

Impala

My car is currently in South Korea with me, because I'm stationed here for military purposes. I'm moving back to the states and my car is supposed to ship off August 29th but my car cannot ship with a recall status that reads incomplete status with the vpc center. No dealership in Korea can help me with this issue. My recall issue states if the key ring is carrying added weight and the vehicle goes off road or experiences some other jarring event, it may unintentionally move the key away from the "run" position. After calling the Chevrolet dealership, I was told a case would be opened in my situation to attempt to close out the recall due to me having he vehicle three years with no issues related to this. It has been a week and I was told that I would be contacted in two days with an answer. Can someone help me in this situation so that my car can be shipped back to America"?"

- Apo, AP, USA

Apr 082013

Impala

When I purchased this vehicle I had a 42 month warranty. Several months after my purchase I noticed that the tires (all 4) were dry rotting. Several months after that the passenger side head light was fogging to the point it was dimming the head light. I took the vehicle back to where I purchased this and the name of the Chevrolet dealer was tom bannen and now serra Chevrolet. I complained to General Motors in Michigan and they told me to take this back to the dealership. The car was to be seen by the service manager which I did and was turned down again for repairs even while the car was still under warranty. I then filed a complaint with BBB and after several attempts to resolve these issues the jerk at serra Chevrolet said that serra Chevrolet would not honor any warranty that was given to me by the previous owner, tom bannen. I think that serra Chevrolet in madison, tn. Has and will rip off other buyers who had the warranties from tom bannen. I will never purchase another General Motors product and tell all my relatives and many friends not to buy from this rip off artist.

- Hendersonville, TN, USA

Jul 222013

Impala

When a window is rolled down in the vehicle there is a horrible vibration inside of the car that actually causes a headache. Even if we roll down two it doesn┐T help.

- Repbulic, MO, USA

Dec 232015

Impala

I took my vehicle in for service to a recall for the ignition, while there they discovered oil leaking from oil pan gasket, they found problems with the emission. I took it home and when I started it it was accelerated, I took it back and dealer claimed it was not part of the work they did. They charged me $428 to repair. The next day I drove the car the idle was at 3 when I started it, took it back to the dealer, they claim they reset the idle, but the idle remains at 1.5 when im driving, and feels accelerated. This all began when they repaired a problem under guarantee. Car has $103,000 miles.

- Brawley, CA, USA

Jul 152015

Impala

Have had 5 Goodyear Eagle ls tires that have broken belts in them. When I got the car it had Eagle ls's on it. They all had the same problem and were replaced unfortunately with the same brand of tire. Now 1 of the new Eagle ls has a broken belt in it and it feels like I have a bent rim. My tire place now is telling me that the Eagle lis is junk and does not recommend them again. I will have to replace all the tires again because of the flaw in them. Something should be done about this before someone gets hurt of killed with the junk tires. Goodyear offered no replacement discounts or help with this problem per the tire shop.

- Midway, TN, USA

Apr 302014

Impala

The air conditioning system stopped providing cold, dry air for a period of about 15 minutes. Then, the cold, dry air returned. The airflow through the vents never decreased, only the temperature and humidity in the cabin changed. This has occurred intermittently throughout the summer of 2014, approximately 20 times.

- Youngstown, OH, USA