2013 Chevrolet Impala brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Impala:

2013 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Apr 152015

Impala

First my service ABS traction control lights came on and while making left turns a loud metal grinding noise happened and my traction control light flashed. I took it to my local mechanic he replaced the bearing and sensors which helped with the service lights but the grinding still happened. The noise and traction control light still continued while turning just not as much as before. The mechanic replaced the part twice!! took it to my mechanic again because of the grinding and traction control flashing he drove it around and he could not make the noise happen so he could not fix or replace anything. It feels like the ABS is braking on its own for no reason while I drive my 2013 Impala ltz. My mechanics can not find the problem and it seems neither can any Impala owner or mechanic. But I'm 99% sure when I drive it tonight to visit friends I will hear a metal on metal grinding noise I just hope not while im on the freeway where I can get killed. It happens while driving coming from a stop or as simple as me backing out of my driveway.

- Barstow , CA, USA

Aug 242014

Impala

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Impala. While driving 35 mph, the engine stalled and the power steering and brakes failed. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 44,500.

- Starkville , MS, USA

Aug 012014

Impala 6-cyl

Car warning lights come on for traction control breaks and throws car into oncoming traffic at random times without warning. It is very unsafe and is on a recall list. I should not been sold a lemon car.

- Winton , CA, USA

Nov 082012

Impala

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that while driving 5 mph, the brake pedal was engaged but the vehicle failed to decelerate and the contact crashed into another vehicle. There were no injuries or visible damage to either vehicle. A police report was not filed. The failure recurred three times while the contact was driving at low speeds. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 38,000.

- Decatur, IL, USA