3.6

2013 Chevrolet Impala engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Impala:

2013 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Nov 212016

Impala

Bought my 2013 Impala used but around 25000 miles started getting issues with turning left and accelerating. The traction control will engage and cause the car to hesitate. Big issue when trying to cross in front of oncoming traffic. Had into the dealer many times but they do not seem to know what the issue is. Twice I have had all the lights go off and power reduced while on the interstate. They have replaced the computer twice for that one. This might be my last Chevy. 3/36 warranty is a joke anymore!

- Normal, IL, USA

Aug 162016

Impala

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Impala. While driving 65 mph, the stabilitrac control, service traction control, ESC, and engine warning indicators illuminated. The cruise control light turned off and, while depressing the brake pedal, there was a clicking noise coming from the glove compartment. In addition, when the accelerator pedal was depressed, the vehicle failed to accelerate. The failure recurred twice. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 45,000.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Jul 032016

Impala

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that the vehicle experienced difficulty accelerating and made abnormal grinding noises during turns. The stabilitrak, ABS, and service traction control warning indicators illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the failure could not be diagnosed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 30,000.

- Hazelwood, MO, USA

Jul 132016

Impala

A few weeks ago our daughter was driving our 2013 Chevrolet Impala. She informed us that the car just "took off by itself." We just attributed it to her not being familiar with the car. A couple days later, while my wife was driving and I was in passenger seat, at about 25 mph on a city street, car suddenly took off as if she had slammed accelerator to the floor. Pushing on the brake ended sudden acceleration, engine returned to idle, so I have to assume that problem is possibly related to cruise control circuits and that brake may have disengaged cruise. Cruise control circuit was "on", since we had previously been cruising on interstate, but was not engaged (or set) when incident occurred. This problem came out of nowhere, occurred twice in a week's time, then disappeared. We are wondering if it will occur again. 2013 Chevrolet Impala w/ 60,000 miles

- Manchester, TN, USA

Jun 152015

Impala 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Impala. While making a right turn, the vehicle hesitated. In addition, the ABS, traction control, and service stabilitrak warning lights illuminated. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but the cause of the failure could not be determined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000. Updated 05/24/16 the consumer stated on May 2, 2016 as she was making a right turn, the accelerator seemed to jerk back and the RPM's went up past three, T hen went back down to one. All the instrument panel lights illuminated and then the vehicle hesitated to proceed for a few minutes. Updated 08/03/16.

- Kenedy, TX, USA

Feb 142016

Impala

My 2013 Impala ltz will suddenly decelerate to around 35 mph and hesitate when you hit the gas. Three messages pop up, "traction control off", "engine power is reduced" and "service stabilitrak". this happened to me a few months ago and I brought it right in to global Chevy in North plainfield, NJ. They fixed and it seemed fine but now happening again but this time, I almost got T-boned in an intersection. I have found this has happened to many people in many different forums. Now I need to get the vehicle to the dealer again. This should be a recall!!!!!!!! I almost got smashed and I will be making sure this is documented in as many forums as possible. This is a Chevy problem. I got charged over $650 to fix this last time!!!!!!!! I am upset as hell and not really sure what to make of this. I need to drive my kids around in this time bomb now" I refuse to pay for something that is such a danger to operate. Secondary issue is that sometimes when backing out of a spot in reverse, applying drive and trying to move forward, the sounds like gears grinding that goes away if I straighten the wheel out. Wth is that?" this happened at the light on centennial avenue in piscataway NJ crossing over S Washington ave. Was stationary, then in motion. The auto deceleration happened while at speed of 35 mph and then it would not accelerate when pressing the gas. I have an invoice for the first repair. I would appreciate expedited help on the matter.

- Piscataway, NJ, USA

Jun 282013

Impala

"service traction control" and "reduced engine power" warning during normal driving on my way to work this morning. The car suddenly decelerated and started running terribly, causing a potential safety issue. I've only had the car for 2 months! apparently this has been a common problem with Impala for several years now that GM is seemingly unable to fix. Had I known about this issue I would not have purchased an Impala. GM sold me a lemon. Very disappointed.

- Elgin, IL, USA