2013 Chevrolet Impala wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Impala:

2013 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Oct 022016

When starting from a standstill, the traction control system seems to kick in and the indicator light comes on. Initial occurrences only seemed to happen when turning left from a standstill, but now it is occurring when turning either direction from a standstill. This is occurring at low speeds on both dry and wet pavement with very little acceleration (I.e., no tire slippage).

- Woodbridge, VA, USA

Aug 302016

Please reference complaint number 10899363 filed on 8/29/2016. On 8/30/2016 two addittional tires of the same dot number were found to have similar defects on the same vehicle, but had not completely failed with a blowout or air leakdown. The two addittional original equipment tires on the same vehicle were found, during inspection with the vehicle stationary, to have separations/bulges at the inner tire edge where the tire face meets the sidewall. Neither of these tires caused any "thumping" during driving; however, examination revealed that the separation had been ongoing for enough time to allow wear of the raised area and fatigue cracking/checking in the sipes overlying the separated area. In all cases, the separated area was pressurized and could be pushed in until the outer tire rubber contacted the inner body of the tire. Addittionally there was no air leakage or reduction in tire pressure. Mileage at the time of the observed defect on these two addittional tires was 39,000. The dot number of the two addittional affected tires is M643 bhdr 3912. Be advised that all tires on this vehicle have been maintained to the tire manufacturers specification. The attached photo shows the swelling/separation/cracking/wear at the tire edge of one of the two addittional tires from dot number M643 bhdr 3912 - observed defect on 8/30/2016 was similar on both of these tires. Due the the nature of this failure, where separation had obviously been ongoing for a period of time as indicated by the wear and checking pattern but no "road feel" of the failure, a driver could easily end up with an instant failure/blowout at any time without warning as happened with a tire on this car as reported in complaint 10899363. In all cases, the failure was on the inner side of the tire and not readily or easily be found without a detailed inspection.

- Roseville, MN, USA

Aug 292016

Goodyear Eagle ls 2 tire on a 2013 Impala experienced a sidewall split and tire deflation while driving on a city street. The distance covered from the time the tire developed a perceptible "thump" till the sidewall ruptured and tire went flat was between one and two miles. Until that time, the tps did not come on. The entire event occurred within 5 minutes. Separation occurred between the radial plies and the outer rubber coverig of the sidewall. The Goodyear Eagle ls 2 tires were original equipment on this vehicle. Mileage on the tires at the time of this failure was 39,000. Tires have always beem maintained to manufacturers specifications.

- Roseville, MN, USA

Jan 112016

In Sept of 2015 we had a blow-out while on I-71 in Ohio we were traveling at about 75 mph and were lucky enough to be almost upon and exit ramp where we could get off and put on our "donut" and proceeded to a tire store where we had to buy a new tire.we did not take a picture, figured we hit something in the road. Then two weeks ago (10 Jan 16) my wife, on the way to the store turned around and came home and complained that the tire pressure was low one of the tires also told me that the previous day when she and my sister were coming home on the highway the previous day that the car didn't seem to handle normal thought it was due to construction and rough road.. I went out to air it up and while airing it up I noticed a ply separation on the inside of the tire. So I put the "donut" on and took it to the shop the next day to replace that tire, only to be informed that another tire was worse than the one I indicated. So not trusting the fourth tire I had the three original tires replaced. These tires were Goodyear, the original tires that came on the car when we bought it new. My wife called Goodyear and was told to take the tires to moody's a Goodyear store in franklin tn and have the tires assessed which we did and they called Goodyear and gave them their report.

- Franklin, TN, USA

Jun 272015

TL-the contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that the tires have been replaced on the vehicle three times recently. The contact stated that there was a bulge in the tires and that they continued to go flat. The vehicle was taken to a dealer to be diagnosed but they could not find out the issue. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 41,000. Ad updated 03/16/16

- Springfield, IL, USA

Aug 012014

I have had this worked on about 1 month of purchase. I was told the cheap ball bearings in the wheels are faulty. My car makes a strange noise when I turn the steering wheel and it lunges for a split second and then engages forward. Also when I am braking down a steep incline, the brakes grab and jerk the car slightly. This has gone on since I purchased this car.

- Salem, VA, USA

Oct 142015

Service stability message comes on when making turns and the tire makes a sound. The vehicle just started to do this about a week ago. I reviewed comments from other users online and it appears there are several people with 2013 Impala's that have the same problem. It happens when turning or when accelerating which makes it very harmful.

- Baker, LA, USA

Dec 052014

Traction control activates when there are completely dry roads. It activates when I am accelerating from a stop as I am turning left. It seems to be a problem with a sensor in the wheel(my opinion),but when I take it in to the dealer they "can't duplicate customer concern" there has been on and off problems with this system since I purchased the car. It is frustrating that it isn't corrected and the service department gives me the impression since they can't identify the problem, it's not a problem to them.

- Hamburg, NY, USA

Jun 242015

I just purchased my vehicle 3 months ago and about 2 weeks ago, I've been having issues with traction control, ABS and service stabilitrak. It seems I get this problem when I just start my car and try to turn the wheel right, at low speeds it feels like it's grinding. This problem has happened a few times since then (not consistent) and every time it grinds I get a traction control light pop up. This problem is happening when there is no rain or snow on the road. I have done some research and it seems a lot of people are having the same issue with Chevrolet Impala's. I believe this should be recalled it is very dangerous!

- Fargo, ND, USA

Oct 132014

Impala 6-cyl

Eagle LS2 tires have had the sidewall fail and blow off. While driving at 70mph highway speed. Nearly causing a major accident(s). Apparently this is much more common then it should be after reading online about these tires. And commonly on Impala vehicles for many years, nearly a decade.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jul 242014

At just over 40000 miles on the 2013 Chevy Impala, the left rear tire developed a leak. Took car to a tire shop and they discovered belts were coming apart on the inside of the tire, upon further investigation the right rear tire also had evidence of cord separation (soft spongy spot in tread). Tires were Goodyear brand that were original equipment to the Impala & still had approximately 20% of usable tread left. All four tires were replaced at a cost of $643.

- Sullivan, IL, USA