2014 Chevrolet Impala accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Impala:

2014 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Jun 172014

Impala 6-cyl

I started noticing a very bad odor of mold and mildew coming from the A/C vents. I took the car into the dealer I purchased in early 2014. The dealer said they looked at it and could not find anything wrong. After I took it in again for a bad odor, they said there was a recall on the rear tail lights letting water in the trunk. A couple months later I checked the trunk and the carpet was all wet, when I checked the spare tire compartment it was 2 inches of water. I started checking everywhere and found the carpet in the front driver seat very wet. I took the car in again this time I knew it was going to be a big problem to fix, the car was now smelling so bad with mildew and mold even the service technician could hardly stand to sit in it at all. They have tried to change the underlay, and it still smells bad. The dealer says they had a GM service specialist come to the dealer to look at it. They have no solution to fix the water leaking or to get the mold out of the car. It has now been 6 weeks and I do not have my car!! I asked the dealer to please let me out of my lease so I can go get a car that actually I can use. The dealer is refusing to offer any assistance, and either is GM when I call customer support. I am now hiring an attorney and planning on taking this to the dealer and GM, as this is an major health concern at the very least to my family.

- Hanover, MD, USA

Nov 232013

Impala

During a long trip I had my heated seats on high. I had hurt my back and the heat helped keep the back muscle loose. I had removed my coat, but still had a long sleeve shirt on. No bare skin was touching the seat. After about 8 hours on the road, I started feeling discomfort on my lower back like a sun burn. I showed my wife and she said I had 2 large (size of half dollar) blisters on my lower back. I had no idea this cold happen from a heated seat. There is N warning I could find that states this could happen. My heated seats do not turn off, they stay on until you turn the car off. I have pictures taken 9 days after incident. The areas still have skin missing.

- Robins, IA, USA