6.9

2014 Chevrolet Impala body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Impala:

2014 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Jan 192015

Impala 6-cyl

My new car developed a horrible odor after only about 1.5 years of owning it. I had midas muffle look for the odor because I thought it might be a dead mouse or squirrel. At first they couldn't find it but on the second visit (your not going to believe this) they found some type of growth inside the car's frame rail on the passenger side of the car. The substance actually looked like some kind of mold or fungus growth inside the frame rail. I then took it to pohanka cheverolet, I brought them pictures of the mold/fungus, I brought them samples of the mold/fungus and showed them where it was located. There response to me was they didn't know what it was, they couldn't get to it and they can't fix it. They recommended that maybe their body shop could figure out something but it is not covered under warranty. I told them that this problem was making me and my family sick to be in the car but their response was how sorry they were but it is not covered under the new car warranty and basically not their problem. They also reported on the invoice that the smell was from the water in the spare tire wheel well which the service advisor knows it wasn't since he didn't want to handle the sample I brought and he complained about how bad it smelled. I actually have no clue what this mold/fungus is and I'm having it tested by a fairfax lab next week. All in all I have spent almost $1000 trying to resolve this problem but my guess is I"M going to have to get rid of this car with only 12-13000 miles. I guess I should have known, there was no problem with the Chevy ignition switches either until some folks died from it. I've noticed similar complaints but I bet no one has looked at the car's frame rail, this issue is truly unbelievable and no one I have talked to (including pohanka cheverolet)had ever heard, seen or experienced such a problem.

- Fairfax, VA, USA

Jun 172014

Impala 6-cyl

I started noticing a very bad odor of mold and mildew coming from the A/C vents. I took the car into the dealer I purchased in early 2014. The dealer said they looked at it and could not find anything wrong. After I took it in again for a bad odor, they said there was a recall on the rear tail lights letting water in the trunk. A couple months later I checked the trunk and the carpet was all wet, when I checked the spare tire compartment it was 2 inches of water. I started checking everywhere and found the carpet in the front driver seat very wet. I took the car in again this time I knew it was going to be a big problem to fix, the car was now smelling so bad with mildew and mold even the service technician could hardly stand to sit in it at all. They have tried to change the underlay, and it still smells bad. The dealer says they had a GM service specialist come to the dealer to look at it. They have no solution to fix the water leaking or to get the mold out of the car. It has now been 6 weeks and I do not have my car!! I asked the dealer to please let me out of my lease so I can go get a car that actually I can use. The dealer is refusing to offer any assistance, and either is GM when I call customer support. I am now hiring an attorney and planning on taking this to the dealer and GM, as this is an major health concern at the very least to my family.

- Hanover, MD, USA

Oct 192013

Impala

Upon signing the initial papers for delivery of the purchase of a new vehicle, I conducted an inventory of the vehicle and found a full trunk load of water in the location where the spare tire is kept. The salesman assumed the car had been washed and the trunk left open. Water was removed by salesman, and nothing was documented as an issue at the dealership. This was in October of 2013 on the property of the dealership. In February of 2014, after a day of rain, I randomly checked the spare tire well and found the same problem. Since my car is kept in my garage every day after working, I knew this had to be an issue with this particular model. I took the vehicle back to the dealership for diagnosis and was given a loaner vehicle. I was told that it would be about a week before I could be provided an answer. Just want to mention that nothing else inside of the trunk was ever wet beside the spare tire and the entire spare tire well. The cover to the spare tire well was always dry. First incident on 19 Oct 2013; second incident on 21 Feb 2014.

- Fort Mitchell, AL, USA

Oct 232013

Impala 4-cyl

Battery leaked down the frame and was eating the 2 trany cooler aluminum lines. Autonation Chevrolet superstition springs in mesa, AZ put a new battery and 2 new trany cooler lines on, but after the 4th attempt can not get all of the acid cleaned up. Engine cradle still has no paint in spots and acid still showing on spots. After a day of rain. Went out to the car the next day and when I opened up the drivers door there was a very bad odor. Almost wanted to throw up. After looking all over the car found 2" of water were the spare tire is and all of the carpet wet in the trunk. Took it to autonation Chevrolet superstition springs in mesa, AZ. They had it for 2 weeks and they determined I did not have the trunk closed all the way. This trunk will not stay down. What I mean is the spring is so good it's ether closed all the way or open all the way. After that and some research I found GM has put out a #PI1133 trunk water leak. The seal around the rear tail light leaks water into the trunk. So I took it back to the dealer and had to tell them it was not me leaving the trunk opened.

- Mesa, AZ, USA