6.0

2014 Chevrolet Impala miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Impala:

2014 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Aug 202016

Impala

The car has push button start forgot to shut the car off the car kept running for over an hour with the doors open someone could have very easily stole the car by just getting in and driving away note the key fab was not in the car yet it could be driven....this is a major problem...the Chevy dealer is aware of the problem yet no fix applies to this problem this has happened to me at least 3 times....

- Birmingham, MI, USA

Apr 052016

Impala

Safety systems that sense cars around car stopped working. Front, side, and rear sensors failed. Indicator lights in mirrors ceased to function. Dealer states parts are on national back order and have to wait to get them.

- Flint, MI, USA

Mar 112016

Impala

Purchased my Impala Nov. 2013, brand new, ordered from dealer. One month later as I stopped at a stop sign and proceeded to pull out onto the next street, the car started going very slowly, hardly moving and then just stopped. The engine was running but the car wouldn't move. I shift into manual 1st gear and the car proceeded to move. I reported it to my dealer and they said to let them know if it happened again. It's now March 2016 and it has happened a total of 6 times to me...this car is not safe. Dealer said they have not received any complaints similar to this from any other 2014 and new Impala owners. I have found many complaints in the website with the same experience I had. My radio/gps display also goes blank intermittently, though not a safety issue, it is very upsetting when it happens while driving is a strange place and the gps quits. This report is of the most recent issue.

- Torrington, CT, USA

Jul 312015

Impala

On cold start vehicle exhaust at the Y flex pipe will rattle for approx. 15-20 seconds until exhaust becomes warm.

- Porter, TX, USA

Oct 312015

Impala

Five red warning lights flashed on the windshield followed by several beeps. Happened two days in succession. There were 3 adults and two children in the vehicle. (normal operation only one or two adults) on a two lane roadway, rounding a curve at 35-40 mph. Pavement dry, daylight, nothing in front of us. Truck approaching from opposite direction in his own lane. No automatic braking or speed change noticeable. I did not sense any dangers present. Dealer denies any knowledge of this situation. Nothing like this ever happened during the first 6,000 miles of operation under a variety of driving conditions.

- Scotia, NY, USA

Jun 242015

Impala

While driving heard a loud noise which sound like a balloon bursting. The next morning when I got into my car and closed the door the sunroof shattered and fell in.

- Riverdale, IL, USA

Dec 012014

Impala 6-cyl

2014 Chevrolet Impala. Consumer writes in regards to recalls for vehicle. The consumer stated every time a recall was issued, he had to drive 35 miles, to the nearest dealer.

- Foristell, MO, USA

Nov 082014

Impala

I purchased a 2014 Impala on November 8, 2014 from a Chevrolet dealership and 2 days later on November 10, 2014 I received an email saying contact them because it a recall on this car. When I looked up the recall there where 9 recalls on this car. I was sold a car and they new it wasn't safe.

- Merrillville, IN, USA

Feb 042014

Impala

I kept on blaming my family for spilling water in the back seat of my car. I keep many items in the trunk of my car, to include my camera. My car was smelling awful. I did not think to look in the trunk. I went in the trunk, and all my items were wet, and molded. Mentally, I am torn, because I traded my SS2008 for this 2014 vehicle. Mentally, I feel that I was beat. Now I am going to receive a car back that has been patched up. I still must pay the full payments, for a faulty vehicle. I receive a letter dated March 2014, on 14 April 2014. I called the dealer and was informed that they knew about this issue since February. Why was I not contacted. Even if they fix this problem, I will not be satisfied paying the monthly payments required for a faulty vehicle. I purchased this car in June 2013. The entire inside of the car is and under the seats are wet and molded. Some many of my fraternity papers and clothing's were damaged.

- Spring Lake, NC, USA

Apr 082014

Impala 6-cyl

We were merging onto the highway when the driver lightly bumped the key or key chain causing the ignition to move out of run and the car to lose all power. We were able to pull over safely but the car had to come to a complete stop, be placed into "park", and then restarted. This incident seems similar to the circumstances of the current GM recall even though this make and model is not currently included in the recall class. This vehicle was a rental vehicle. The rental Agency was told about the incident and the car was removed from service according to their agent.

- Evanston, IL, USA

Feb 172014

Impala

The rear view window is defective. Moisture collects under certain conditions making for a total lack of visibility. Here in Hawaii, it takes 5 mins of defrosting for the window to clear.

- Kihei, HI, USA