2015 Chevrolet Impala accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Impala:

2015 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Jan 042016

I bought my car with 11K on it. It was a dealer used car that had never been registered for the road. I had a 2009 Cadillac, so this is what I compared this car too then. The passenger wiper blade has "scratched" the windshield where it stops to return back down. This has caused a permanent mark in the windshield, the length of the blade. This blocks your vision at the worst time; when it is raining or snowing. Next up are the safety feature control locations which were very poorly designed. There are 5? different ones. Two are on the left dash area, but obstructed by the steering wheel. Another one is on the steering wheel, next to other controls and I've turned it off by accident. There are others, not easily accessible, but you have to operate the driver info center by several clicks to access them. Not very consistent. The horn is more difficult to operate than any other car in my life! in the past, if you push the little horn icon, it blows. With this car, you must push at the bottom of the wheel; I found this out by testing it over and over. The horn will not work in an emergency situation by most people. Speaking of covered controls by the steering wheel, the start/stop button is obscured unless you turn the wheel or lean sideways. If you just pull into your driveway normal, you can't see it. The emergency 4-way flasher button is next to the start button, and is also obscured by the steering wheel. Electrical, minor but annoying issues include the HVAC system and music storage. This the the worst system I have ever seen. In almost any climate (40's down to below zero), I have to turn the temp from 90, down to 66 to stay comfortable. To use auto-start, I have to remember to preset all the controls how I want them set for the next morning! the audio makes up its own song lists. These things should not be on a 2015 car! I could go on even more!

- Racine, WI, USA

Feb 262015

Impala 6-cyl

Sunroof exploded! I was driving my new, 3 week old, 2015 Chevy Impala ltz on the highway doing about 65 mph, when there was a loud explosion and my retractable panel of the sunroof had exploded, without cause, and blew outward. Fortunately there was no one else in the car as the passenger seat and rear seats were covered with shards of glass. The remaining glass in the frame was all bent outward which made it appear that there was an internal explosion to push most of the glass up and out of the car. Why the mfg doesn't use safety glass, like the windshield, instead of tempered glass which breaks into a thousand pieces is a major safety issue. Fortunately I was able to maintain control of the car. There was nothing that hit the sunroof glass, it just exploded on its own.

- Defiance, MO, USA