2015 Chevrolet Impala brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Impala:

2015 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Nov 212014

Impala

Severe vibration with foot on brake pedal transmission in drive, the colder the outside temp. The worse the vibration gets. Been to dealership 6 times different repairs made nothing worked. I have all repair documents. Chevrolet acknowleged the problem however has no solution.

- Ankeny, IA, USA

May 032016

Impala

In motion on city street going about 45 when vehicle in front of me was in motion to make a right turn and came to an abrut stop. I hit my brakes and my car did not stop and I had my foot on brake pushed all the way to floor and car continued almost like it slid into the impact/collision. His car was not damaged but attached is the damage to my car.

- Missouri City, TX, USA

Nov 042015

Impala

The contact owns a 2015 Chevrolet Impala. While driving 10 mph, the brake pedal was depressed, but failed to stop the vehicle. As a result, the contact's vehicle crashed into another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. No injuries were sustained. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the brakes failed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The approximate failure mileage was 7,027. Updated 01/12/16

- Piscataway, NJ, USA

Oct 052015

Impala

The contact owned a 2015 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that while driving at unknown speeds and attempting to make a complete stop, the brake pedal was depressed and the vehicle would not stop. The contact also stated that the steering wheel failed to respond causing the contact to crash into a ditch and impacted the driver side of the vehicle. The air bags deployed. A police report was filed. The contact stated that injuries were sustained that required medical attention. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic where it was deemed destroyed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 8,000.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Aug 232015

Impala

As I put the car in reverse the driver's side front brake stayed clutched against the rooter. I notified thrifty car rental numerous times but no assistant as yet.

Aug 182015

Impala

When I was reversing the car the front driver side breaks was tightly grip on too the rotor. As I tap on the gas the car did it move. I had to put it in drive and try again.

Aug 182015

Jul 172015

Impala

I purchased a new 2015 Chevrolet Impala LT2 on June 30, 2015 with 25 miles on the odometer from red river Chevy, bossier city, la. The gps and navigation and the whole infotainment system stopped working. Onstar could not locate my vehicle. It kept saying I was in Texas when I haven't been to Texas in this vehicle. The car must have come from Texas. The car was placed in the repair shop on July 27 and is still in the shop. They could not get it to work while I was at the dealership. The brakes on the car have a burning smell to them and have a creeking sound. When I stop it sounds like something is rubbing the tires. I asked about the brakes, I was told it could not be fixed because GM has not released the software to fix the problem and the sound the brakes make, he stated he probably couldn't fix the sound. The road noise in this car is really loud now. It wasn't loud like this when I purchased the vehicle. My 83 yr old mother mentioned the noise and she's hard of hearing. A local mechanic told me ball bearings will make that type of noise. I know GM installed bad switches, I hope they didn't install bad brakes and ball bearings. They are aware of the sound and I was told its just Louisiana highways. What am I supposed to do about the brake issue" I would like a new car that is safer to drive. It has not been 30 days can I get a refund or another vehicle"

- Mansfield, LA, USA