2016 Chevrolet Impala drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Impala:

2016 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Jun 252016

I was stopped at the top of the hill on a private road. When I took my foot off the brake and pressed the accelerator, nothing happened. The car began to roll backwards and I pressed down on the brake. The brake was very weak and it took 50-60 feet and all of my pressure on the brake pedal to bring the car to a stop. After I stopped, I realized that the engine had turned off and the ignition was int he off position. I rotated the key in the ignition back to the start position to start the engine. I continued back up the hill normally after the engine was started. Luckily, there were no cars behind me on the hill or they would've been hit.

- Valley Center, CA, USA