7.1

2016 Chevrolet Impala engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Impala:

2016 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Jan 062017

Impala

I would like to place a complaint about my 2016 Chevy Impala ltz that I purchased from car max in glencoe, il on November 11 2016. I am a frequent traveler to central Michigan and on my return trip to Chicago on January 6, 2017, I was traveling South on highway 127 just South of mt. Pleasant Michigan when all of sudden, the car lost power and it slowed down rapidly, there was a car behind me who almost rear-ended me, my wife and I were terrified. I pulled over to the side of the highway and put on my flashers. I looked at the dash and the following error lights were on (service engine soon, check engine light, reduced engine power, and stablitrack light). I looked at the owner's manual and it suggested that I turn the vehicle off and that it would reset. I followed instructions, turned on vehicle and all lights were cleared except check engine light. I got back on the highway and started to drive towards graff Chevrolet in mt. Pleasant. In route, it happened again. Car lost power again, and all previous lights returned. I somehow made it to the dealership. Please see attached invoice, customer number 213805 for work done. From what I see, all that was done was all codes were cleared. I did some research on the internet and it seems to have happened to other Chevy owners. I think that it's extremely dangerous and my wife and I now literally afraid to drive this car. What is being done to address this problem, in my opinion, these types of errors should not be happening to a one year old car

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jul 182016

Impala

When traveling on the highway or local roads. My vehicle would warn me to shift into park to stop the engine. The after 3 notices it would shutdown completely.

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

Jun 252016

Impala

I was stopped at the top of the hill on a private road. When I took my foot off the brake and pressed the accelerator, nothing happened. The car began to roll backwards and I pressed down on the brake. The brake was very weak and it took 50-60 feet and all of my pressure on the brake pedal to bring the car to a stop. After I stopped, I realized that the engine had turned off and the ignition was int he off position. I rotated the key in the ignition back to the start position to start the engine. I continued back up the hill normally after the engine was started. Luckily, there were no cars behind me on the hill or they would've been hit.

- Valley Center, CA, USA