1. pressure Chevy to help repaint my car (3 reports)
  2. get a paint job (1 reports)
1995 Chevrolet Lumina body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 Chevrolet Lumina:

1995 Chevrolet Lumina Owner Comments

Nov 042009

Lumina LX V6

the paint began peeling in huge areas first on roof then a large circle on trunk and now the hood is blistering. I was always saying to my daughter after i bought this car in 2007 from a small car dealer that all the other luminas i am seeing have hardly no white left on them and how lucky i was that my car was still looking good!! That all ended this winter!!! OMG!! Does anyone know if chevrolet has a warranty on the paint ?????? Or how to find out???

- , Big Rapids, MI, USA

Jan 052002

My son owned a 1995 White Lumina that he bought used in 1999. Paint started flaking off of the car a few years after the purchase date. You can see this MAJOR paint problem on white Lumina's from this time period all over the place. The fact that GM would not take care of their customer's is just one reason they are getting their butt kicked in today's competitive auto market. GM should be ashamed of themselves.

- , 4613 Kirk Lane, IN, USA

Aug 302006

My car looks bad the paint in the front of my green lumina is peeling off. You see the yellow underneath.

- , Hellertown, PA, USA

Feb 282003

Paint began peeling off the drivers door 3 yrs. ago while the car was still under warranty so the dealer repainted it. In the past several months the paint has begun to peel from the rear drivers side panel , the hood [in several places] and smaller areas are popping up all over daily...door frame , roof ,etc. The car looks terrible and this is not the only white Lumina I have seen locally with the same problem. A car repair shop owner [a friend of my son] feels this was a defective paint problem for many Luminas but dealers refuse to take responsibility. Any suggestions???

- , Atlantic Highlands, N. J., USA

Aug 272001

The paint on my car is peeling and falling off, every day more peels and comes off. I called Chevy, they say the car is too old to do anything about, I took it to a dealer, the body shop says they have seen the problem, it's not anything I've caused, Chevy knows there is a problem. He said basically make some noise and try to get it fixed that way, so I'm letting everyone know I think it's a bunch of crap that my car looks the way it does and Chevy doesn't value my loyalty as a customer to do anything about it.

- , East Amherst, NY, USA