1996 Chevrolet Lumina cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Chevrolet Lumina:

1996 Chevrolet Lumina Owner Comments

Apr 012009

Lumina

I bought the car from a used lot. It drove perfectly for one month. Then, out of nowhere it overheated on me. The car completely died on me, I had some friends push it to their house. They looked at the engine and the radiator was cracked. So, I bought another one and replaced it. Well, I cannot even make it a mile without it starting to overheat. I put a new thermostat in and everything. After that, my car would start to die on me. I would start it then it would die if I didn't keep my foot on the gas. I thought it might have been the timing, but I am not car smart. Then after that, it would start to flash volts and then die. Well my lights still work (in and out), the radio will play and then slowly die but the car WILL NOT even turn over. I don't think it is the battery, but then again I do not know. So I don't know what is all wrong with my car and it is very frustrating because I had just bought it and it was my first car!! What my luck! PLEASE HELP ME figure out what is wrong with my car!

- , Milton Freewater, OR, USA