6.0

1997 Chevrolet Lumina engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Chevrolet Lumina:

1997 Chevrolet Lumina Owner Comments

Jan 152008

Lumina LS 3.1L

My Lumina also has minor head gasket leaks. My engine light has been on for a year or more now. My a/c stopped working a couple of years ago. Surface rust and rusting through on rear quarter panels. Already had a ball joint let go while i was driving. Replaced water pump and power steering pump in the last few years. Replaced the gas tank and front shocks as well. But it still gets me to work and home again so i like my chevy anyway.

- , Cambridge, Ontario, Canada

Sep 012008

Lumina 3.4L V6

The problem was tolerable until this week when the car completely turned off on me on the freeway while I was still driving it. The car has not started since yesterday since having it towed home. I am now convinced that the problem is related to the alternator. I recently replaced that battery (that's another whole story in itself) and was hoping the problem would go away, and it did for a short spell. When my Lumina acted up, it did it so spontaneously that I started thinking there was a short somewhere from ground terminal or the alternator lead but all inspections left no diagnostic clues.

- , Rsm, CA, USA