5.0

2. take the key and turn it 1/4 turn and remove the key. then i (1 reports)
1998 Chevrolet Lumina accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet Lumina:

1998 Chevrolet Lumina Owner Comments

Sep 052009

Lumina LX 3.1L

I purchased a new lock holder for $49. I didn't not have the key with me when I purchased the new holder. A service technician told me to turn the key 1/4 turn and take a small tool and insert into a small slot to remove the lock cylinder. When I got home I put the key in and turned it 1/4 turn there was a slot but nothing worked. I can't remove the lock to put into the new holder.

Update from Oct 20, 2009: yes

- , McDonough, GA, USA

May 122009

Lumina

This piece of trash design is made with plastic parts that just broke with the metal latch still intact but "nothing" now to hold it in place. I hardly ever even opened this compartment over the years I have owned it (8 years).

- , Metairie, LA, USA